[RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.2.3 - keep it up tsr

Post by nickvergessen »

Michael7 wrote:1) Can permissions be set to allow moderators to remove offensive images?
is included
Michael7 wrote:2) Can permissions be set to allow moderators to remove or edit offensive comments?
in progress
Michael7 wrote:3) I understand there are public and private galleries, and a member can upload to either a public gallery or his or her private gallery, but if he or she wants the same image included in both the public gallery and his or her private gallery, he or she will have to upload it to both. Is there a way that all images uploaded can be part of a public gallery, but when you click on a member's private gallery you see only the images that member has uploaded to the public gallery? That way when members upload to a public gallery they will effectively be adding it to their private gallery as well.
4) Expanding on three, could it work so that if a member uploads a picture to, say, the public car gallery, he will have an image listed in his private car gallery. If he uploads two pictures to the public animal gallery, he will have two images listed in his private animal gallery...
multi-tagging is not planned yet
Michael7 wrote:5) I understand the mod is still in beta but is it subject to change so drastically that it would be a mistake to install and use on a live forum now?
I would wait for the next version ( 0.2.4 or maybe we call it 0.3.0) to go onlive forums, because we chaneg mass on the handle of personal albums, but a update will be possible too
No Support via PM

Derky
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.2.2 - keep it up tsr

Post by Derky »

Gremlinn wrote:Great! A port of Smartor's Gallery. However, I have the Full Album Pack. Will this convert the FAP as well? Or does anyone have sql to do it?

Sorry if this has been asked. I read a lot of pages and didn't see any mention of FAP, so I thought I would ask.
I like to know this to, and hope that it will be supported.

marcusjurgen

Post by marcusjurgen »

Just tried if it worked out when converting to FAP (Full Album Pack MOD).
seems to work fine, except for the fact that the ability of having subcategories is gone.
Any plans to incorporate categories hierarchy in a future version?

Also, when installing this MOD, I need to copy all images from the smartor MOD into the gallery/upload/ directory. Is there any way to actually specify a directory outside of the phpbb root path as the image upload directory (with smartor this was possible).

Keep up the good work!

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

J.P. wrote:First thanks for this great mod.
Im the admin of the forum.
When i disabel the forum i can see the albums but not the pictures, what must i change that i (admin) also can see the pictures.
I'll check it out...
J.P. wrote:I it possible that you can choose on what plase the watermark appears.
You may handle it in gallery/image.php

Code: Select all

imagecopymerge($im,$nm,(($sx2 * 0.5) - ($sx * 0.5)), ($sy2 - $sy - 5), 0,0,$sx,$sy,100);
try and see it ;)
No Support via PM

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

marcusjurgen wrote:Just tried if it worked out when converting to FAP (Full Album Pack MOD).
seems to work fine, except for the fact that the ability of having subcategories is gone.
there are no subalbums (we don't call them categories ;) ) in the current version.
The handle of subalbums in the personal gallery already exists on my dev board, right now im working on the installer, so we can convert them from the fap, if it was installed.

marcusjurgen wrote:Also, when installing this MOD, I need to copy all images from the smartor MOD into the gallery/upload/ directory. Is there any way to actually specify a directory outside of the phpbb root path as the image upload directory (with smartor this was possible).
Feature is already planned.
No Support via PM

Derky
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Post by Derky »

nickvergessen wrote:
marcusjurgen wrote:Just tried if it worked out when converting to FAP (Full Album Pack MOD).
there are no subalbums (we don't call them categories ;) ) in the current version.
The handle of subalbums in the personal gallery already exists on my dev board, right now im working on the installer, so we can convert them from the fap, if it was installed.
And without that feature you can convert FAP with the Smartor convertor correctly except the subalbums? :D
And images in that subalbums will convert to?

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

the subalbums of the normal (public) albums are converted to be normal albums (you may attach them as subalbums in the acp after converting.)

the subalbums of personal albums are lost. the images are copied to the normal personal album
No Support via PM

Derky
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Post by Derky »

Ah oke, that's fine to.
Thanks for your reply. ;)

J.P.

Post by J.P. »

nickvergessen wrote:
J.P. wrote:I it possible that you can choose on what plase the watermark appears.
You may handle it in gallery/image.php

imagecopymerge($im,$nm,(($sx2 * 0.5) - ($sx * 0.5)), ($sy2 - $sy - 5), 0,0,$sx,$sy,100);
try and see it ;)
What must i change when i wanted the watermark on the left bottum.
I have try change some numbers but not the right one.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

try this one

imagecopymerge($im,$nm,(($sx2 * 0.1) - ($sx * 0.5)), ($sy2 - $sy - 5), 0, 0,$sx,$sy,100);
No Support via PM

J.P.

Post by J.P. »

can you also tell me why i can see the icoon next to gallery in the header?

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

J.P. wrote:can you also tell me why i can see the icoon next to gallery in the header?
you can or can't?
No Support via PM

bosss

Post by bosss »

i have same problem ... or some like that ... near board index link is also gallery link ???

some solution?

regards
bosss

J.P.

Post by J.P. »

nickvergessen wrote:
J.P. wrote:can you also tell me why i can see the icoon next to gallery in the header?
you can or can't?
Sorry for my bad english, i can not see the icoon next to the gallery.

MagicMike304

Post by MagicMike304 »

Michael7 wrote:3) I understand there are public and private galleries, and a member can upload to either a public gallery or his or her private gallery, but if he or she wants the same image included in both the public gallery and his or her private gallery, he or she will have to upload it to both. Is there a way that all images uploaded can be part of a public gallery, but when you click on a member's private gallery you see only the images that member has uploaded to the public gallery? That way when members upload to a public gallery they will effectively be adding it to their private gallery as well.
I agree with this too and this is how I have my smarter photo album set up. I want my photo album to be organized and putting the same photo in a public group and in there own album is a waste of space. I replaced the private gallery page with a page that just displays all the photos that member has uploaded in all the categories. Personally, I don't see a reason for personal galleries, so we don't use them on our forums. This wouldn't be a hard Mod to make for this photo album. Instead of the MySQL call for all the photos in gallery 123, it would be replaced by a MySQL call for all photos that was uploaded by member 123.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”