[RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
manic2

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1

Post by manic2 »

MzVette wrote:
nickvergessen wrote:@MzVette: which error do you still get the one of the viewtopic.php? If so you should check your viewtopic.php edits, cause the seem to be incorrect.
Thanks nickvergessen. I know it's just some absent-minded errors on my part, but I think I'm going to step away from attempting to install the gallery for now. I'll try it again another time when I have the courage.
;)
MzVette, why not use Modshield to install this mod:-

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1168405

worked a treat for me & you can simulate the installation first if you wish.

The other thing I would recommend is to set up a localhost test board on your PC. That way you can install mods away from your live board & thoroughly test them until you are confident that all is going to go well.
manic
zake black

Post by zake black »

All, back again! kind'a wondering if any one can give advice on another mod? that i want to intergrate??

Im using the drop in site map generator but its not listing the gallery images?

I think the code that would need to be changed so that it looks at the gallery is as follows. (I may be wrong i still trying to get my head round this stuff???)

Code: Select all

// This is our SQL query.  In short, it gets the most recent topics that are in forums that are viewable to to public group (group 2) and then sorts them by how recently they've been posted in.  The query is limited to the number of rows configured earlier in the script.
	$sql = 'SELECT `'.$table_prefix.'topics`.`topic_id`, `'.$table_prefix.'topics`.`topic_last_post_time` FROM `'.$table_prefix.'topics` INNER JOIN `'.$table_prefix.'acl_groups` ON `'.$table_prefix.'topics`.`forum_id`=`'.$table_prefix.'acl_groups`.`forum_id` WHERE `'.$table_prefix.'acl_groups`.`group_id`=\'2\' AND `'.$table_prefix.'acl_groups`.`auth_option_id`=\'0\' ORDER BY `'.$table_prefix.'topics`.`topic_last_post_time` DESC LIMIT '.$PAGE_LIMIT;

And then i guess the code that outputs the url's to the sitemap would also need editing?

Code: Select all

//Begin printing out the sitemap.
	$result=mysql_query($sql,$con);
	while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){?>
	<url>
		<loc><?php echo $PHPBB3_URL; ?>viewtopic.php?t=<?php echo "$row[topic_id]";?></loc>
		<lastmod><?php echo date('Y-m-d\TH:i:s',$row[topic_last_post_time]).'-07:00';?></lastmod>
		<changefreq>always</changefreq>
		<priority><?php echo $PAGE_PRIORITY; ?></priority>
	</url>
Any ideas anyone?

I can post the whole file if required? its only one file and not that big actually?

Many thanks

Andy
ameisez

Post by ameisez »

Fridge wrote:I will give it a try, thxn for your answer ;)
Did it worked?
PHPBB on HOSTGATOR SERVER. MY PERSONAL CHOICE ;)
Need phpBB images and buttons? HIRE ME
my MOD: BB3 Media Player | a phpbb based media player
zake black

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by zake black »

I have just noticed, that my admin account has no edit or control over user uploaded images in personal albums?? I looked at the permissions and they all look fine to me??
urednik

Post by urednik »

Hello,

Great mode.

Is there a way to add permission only to member ?
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

zake black wrote:I have just noticed, that my admin account has no edit or control over user uploaded images in personal albums?? I looked at the permissions and they all look fine to me??
Ensure you didnt set any to never in a group the user is in
urednik wrote:Is there a way to add permission only to member ?
I didn't add that so far, but I already planned it.
No Support via PM
Fridge
Name: Martin

Post by Fridge »

ameisez wrote:
Fridge wrote:I will give it a try, thxn for your answer ;)
Did it worked?
Yes, very well :D
looker1

Post by looker1 »

Would there be a way to mass upload galleries? Anyone done this or have any recommendations for we have thousands of photos that need to get loaded.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

There is a mass-upload-function in the ACP
No Support via PM
looker1

Post by looker1 »

nickvergessen wrote:There is a mass-upload-function in the ACP
Once last question- would this be a browse for another file function or something different? Just want to know what the mass loader function is all about before getting it installed. thx!
looker1

Post by looker1 »

If I do a fresh install of this will it automatically convert from TS Gallery 2.1? I looked for conversion info in the install file and I guess am just assuming that it will take care of itself vs. having to pull all the TS 2.1 code out and starting from sqaure one.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

looker1 wrote:If I do a fresh install of this will it automatically convert from TS Gallery 2.1? I looked for conversion info in the install file and I guess am just assuming that it will take care of itself vs. having to pull all the TS 2.1 code out and starting from sqaure one.
You need to change all the files by yourself. (revert the TS install.xml than do the edits of the phpbb gallery install.xml) Than simply run the install/index.php convertor and move your upoloaded images into gallery/images/upload/

mass-import: You need to upload the images into gallery/images/import/ and than enter ACP > MODs > phpBB Gallery > Import
No Support via PM
Darkwander

Post by Darkwander »

Anyone using this mod with the style of Acidtech, mine seems to be getting a little screwed up and all over the place.
tharp

Post by tharp »

I had a few style issues that required a few install/uninstalls.
What I did was manually edit MYSQL and delete phpbb_gallery references. rather than restore the DB.
When I go to UCP, get 4 links to "gallery" any idea why?
Also, in the ACP I get 4 copies down the left for "phpbb gallery".
How do I get rid of them?
Thanks
Tom
Cook1eMan

Post by Cook1eMan »

Hi,

To start off this mod is great, but I have one problem. I switched the style to Black Pearl and everything works pretty well, but I'm missing the button/link on top to get into the Gallery itself. I can get to the gallery by going through the "Manage Personal Albums" under the UCP, but I was wondering if there would be a way to add that button/link back on.

Sorry if this has been posted already. I'm new to phpBB and am a complete noob with this. I searched around the forums and didn't really pick up anything on this.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”