[RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
User avatar
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Name: Joas Schilling
Contact:

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by nickvergessen »

Darkwander wrote:Anyone using this mod with the style of Acidtech, mine seems to be getting a little screwed up and all over the place.
I think you jsut need to use the files of subsilver2/ instead of prosilver (dont forget to clear your cache afterwards)
tharp wrote:I had a few style issues that required a few install/uninstalls.
What I did was manually edit MYSQL and delete phpbb_gallery references. rather than restore the DB.
When I go to UCP, get 4 links to "gallery" any idea why?
Also, in the ACP I get 4 copies down the left for "phpbb gallery".
How do I get rid of them?
Thanks
Tom
ACP > System > Administration-Control-Panel > MODs > remove ;)
ACP > System > User-Control-Panel the same
No Support via PM
Darkwander
Registered User
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:15 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by Darkwander »

nickvergessen wrote:
Darkwander wrote:Anyone using this mod with the style of Acidtech, mine seems to be getting a little screwed up and all over the place.
I think you jsut need to use the files of subsilver2/ instead of prosilver (dont forget to clear your cache afterwards)
Kool , that worked a treat, however i do have one question,

Where is the upload button when you use the temp "subsilver2"
Last edited by Darkwander on Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
tharp
Registered User
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:00 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by tharp »

Thanks Nick,
great MOD BTW, Been using it since its birth. Still love it.
User avatar
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Name: Joas Schilling
Contact:

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by nickvergessen »

Darkwander wrote:Where is the upload button when you use the temp "subsilver2"
styles/subsilver2/imageset/{LANG}/
No Support via PM
Darkwander
Registered User
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:15 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by Darkwander »

nickvergessen wrote:
Darkwander wrote:Where is the upload button when you use the temp "subsilver2"
styles/subsilver2/imageset/{LANG}/
I can't even see where the broken image is located.

It is like the button is missing off the gallery

Image
User avatar
ameisez
Registered User
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:04 am

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by ameisez »

Like nick have posted.. it is that directory.. I checked subsilver and prosilver imagesets folder and they both have upload buttons.

In total, you should have 4 images in the folder that nick mentioned
PHPBB on HOSTGATOR SERVER. MY PERSONAL CHOICE ;)
Need phpBB images and buttons? HIRE ME
my MOD: BB3 Media Player | a phpbb based media player
looker1
Registered User
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:52 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by looker1 »

Couple questions.

1. The photo rate option is showing but not working for any of the groups whom I have givern permission to. Any thoughts on where to start?

2. I am not sure I fully understand how to use the {NUM} name and description. If someone could respond on say how I would do this for 40 photos I would mass upload that would be appreciated.

3. Is there any way to put default alt"" and title"" tags in where the title is the name of the photo and the alt is the description??

4. Where would I go to move and make more space in the header for the controls (advance, play, rewind, etc) for highslide? Presently they are showing above the top edge of the right side of the photo and are not in the white background of highslide.

Thank you in advance.
looker1
Registered User
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:52 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by looker1 »

Nic- is there any way to have select all select none options for the permissions of the albums similar to the main permissions on ACP? I have to click one by one now or maybe autopopulate with defaults then can manually change a few?
Darkwander
Registered User
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:15 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by Darkwander »

ameisez wrote:Like nick have posted.. it is that directory.. I checked subsilver and prosilver imagesets folder and they both have upload buttons.

In total, you should have 4 images in the folder that nick mentioned
Yep, all the buttons are there. I am actually wondering if it is the coding that is missing.
User avatar
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Name: Joas Schilling
Contact:

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by nickvergessen »

looker1 wrote:1. The photo rate option is showing but not working for any of the groups whom I have givern permission to. Any thoughts on where to start?
Users cant rate their own images.
looker1 wrote:2. I am not sure I fully understand how to use the {NUM} name and description. If someone could respond on say how I would do this for 40 photos I would mass upload that would be appreciated.
If you use "Session {NUM}" the first image will be named "Session 1" the second "Session 2" aso.
looker1 wrote:4. Where would I go to move and make more space in the header for the controls (advance, play, rewind, etc) for highslide? Presently they are showing above the top edge of the right side of the photo and are not in the white background of highslide.
that is somewhere in the lytebox/highslide script, as I only embed them, I don't know how to do that.
looker1 wrote:Nic- is there any way to have select all select none options for the permissions of the albums similar to the main permissions on ACP? I have to click one by one now or maybe autopopulate with defaults then can manually change a few?
I'm working on that right now
Darkwander wrote:
ameisez wrote:Like nick have posted.. it is that directory.. I checked subsilver and prosilver imagesets folder and they both have upload buttons.

In total, you should have 4 images in the folder that nick mentioned
Yep, all the buttons are there. I am actually wondering if it is the coding that is missing.
You need to move them to styles/{YOUR_STYLE}/imageset/{LANG}/ aswell, edit the styles/{YOUR_STYLE}/imageset/{LANG}/imageset.cfg and refresh your imageset in the ACP > Styles >
No Support via PM
looker1
Registered User
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:52 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by looker1 »

Thanks Nick!

Any thoughts on this? I am trying to SEO the individual pages as much as possible.

3. Is there any way to put default alt"" and title"" tags in where the title is the name of the photo and the alt is the description??
Darkwander
Registered User
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:15 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by Darkwander »

Darkwander wrote:
ameisez wrote:Like nick have posted.. it is that directory.. I checked subsilver and prosilver imagesets folder and they both have upload buttons.

In total, you should have 4 images in the folder that nick mentioned
Yep, all the buttons are there. I am actually wondering if it is the coding that is missing.
You need to move them to styles/{YOUR_STYLE}/imageset/{LANG}/ aswell, edit the styles/{YOUR_STYLE}/imageset/{LANG}/imageset.cfg and refresh your imageset in the ACP > Styles >[/quote]

Thanks, that got it working, all i had to do was the refresh imageset in the adm.
User avatar
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Name: Joas Schilling
Contact:

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by nickvergessen »

looker1 wrote:Thanks Nick!

Any thoughts on this? I am trying to SEO the individual pages as much as possible.

3. Is there any way to put default alt"" and title"" tags in where the title is the name of the photo and the alt is the description??
they should be mostly set in gallery/includes/functions.php
No Support via PM
looker1
Registered User
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:52 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by looker1 »

Sorry for the question - I am am phpbb and LOVE this mod!

I would like to have the meta descp and keywords for the individual photos pages be:

photo name = meta keywords
photo description = meta description.

Can someone tell me exactly the steps to take to do this?

Thanks a bunch.
carterx
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:34 am

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by carterx »

I have looked through a number of the pages for this mod and after so many pages figured I would just ask. Is there a way to import images from a phpbb2 gallery to this gallery. The current album software running on our phpbb2 site is from http://smartor.is-root.com/

Thanks,
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”