[RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.2.3 - keep it up tsr

Post by nickvergessen »

MagicMike304 wrote:I replaced the private gallery page with a page that just displays all the photos that member has uploaded in all the categories.
This is what will happen soon.
We'll set up a search page on which we will use for a option to display all images of one user
J.P. wrote:Sorry for my bad english, i can not see the icoon next to the gallery.
you didn't edit or refresh your theme files
No Support via PM

J.P.

Post by J.P. »

You have right.
I forgot to change the buttons.css and the colours.css.
Now it's ok.

Spaniel

Post by Spaniel »

MagicMike304 wrote:Personally, I don't see a reason for personal galleries, so we don't use them on our forums. This wouldn't be a hard Mod to make for this photo album.

My sites will be the complete opposite to this. I see almost no point in the public galleries (equivalent to scribbling on toilet walls lol) and every point to the personal galleries embedded into the UCP giving the user direct access and control over *their* photos, which is *their* property (forget that at your website's peril!).

If i have a member who wants to put up pix of her one-year-old daughter's birthday party, she doesnt want to stick them on some random gallery somewhere on the nav bar; she wants to put them in her own gallery and show them off on her profile. Then she can start a new thread on the forum saying "check out my new pix on my profile" and a new discussion is born around her profile (you know that "user-led content" which is what makes the difference between a pipedream and a billion-dollar profit-making website). The last time i checked this is how all profile sites about and for people work from myspace and bebo to the range of video sites including youtube.

They're successful because they *personalise* everything, a bit like life, really ;)

So a big yes to personal galleries, please :)

EDIT: having looked at a few gallery-only sites, rather than get rid of Smartor's best feature, why not allow admin to switch personal galleries on and off. I seem to remember this feature in the phpbb2 version.

Michael7

Post by Michael7 »

nickvergessen wrote:I would wait for the next version ( 0.2.4 or maybe we call it 0.3.0) to go onlive forums, because we chaneg mass on the handle of personal albums, but a update will be possible too
Hi Nick,

I do you have an anticipated release date for the version you would recommend using on a live forum? I'm just trying to plan accordingly.

Thanks!

spreck

Post by spreck »

Under details, i get code showing.

Code: Select all

Poster:                admin

Image Title:           pirate

Image Description:     Testing upload
{                      [album]1[/album]
IMAGE_BBCODE 
}:
Posted:                Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Views:                 3 
i've doubled checked all my editing of the files and found no problems.

i also can't get the gallery icon next to it's link. double checked that code as well. refreshed and reinstalled the modded theme.

any suggestions?

link to my problem: http://demo.spreck.org/gallery/image_pa ... image_id=1

camm15h
Former Team Member
Name: Paul Cammish

Post by camm15h »

spreck wrote:any suggestions?

Code: Select all

Open: language/en/mods/gallery.php

Find:
'IMAGES_UPDATED_SUCCESSFULLY'		=> 'Your image information has been updated successfully',

After, add:
'IMAGE_BBCODE'						=> 'Image BBCode',

spreck

Post by spreck »

thanks for the quick reply.. the fix worked

thanks, spreck

MagicMike304

Post by MagicMike304 »

Spaniel wrote:My sites will be the complete opposite to this.
Sorry, I didn't mean any offense. :oops:

You have many good points. Our forums are a little different as it is based around a certain topic (catfishing) and in our photo albums, we give each catfish it's own category. Members wanting to see all of the same catfish, click on that category to view all of those type of fish. If we had private galleries, we would not be able to do this. We do have a Misc" category, but I would agree with you that if it was family, most people would rather not put those types of pictures amunst everyone else's. Each member does have a link in there profile that shows all the photos they have uploaded. It sorta is like a private gallery except they don't have to upload there photos to it. They just upload there photos to the correct category to help keep it organized.

TedTAce

Post by TedTAce »

Ok, I just integrated it onto my board after a few heart stopping moments 'cause I MESSED up the functions.php edit.
First and foremost, thank you for making SOMETHING Pretty decent. Considering there isn't a decent coppermine bridge on the horizon, THANK YOU!!!

That being said:

Can we have an allocation for multiple customizable input fields on uploads??
Also the ability to customize the watermark position Maybe even user definable on upload??
Last edited by TedTAce on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

rsl22

Post by rsl22 »

I am getting this error, while installing any help will be appreciated.

Warning: include(../common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in forum\phpBB3\phpbb_root\install\gallery_install.php on line 14

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in
forum\phpBB3\phpbb_root\install\gallery_install.php on line 14

Thanks,

Rounak

~Merlin~

Post by ~Merlin~ »

Tell me please is it possible to allow users create their own albums under general categories? For example I create via ACP category named "Concert fotos" and I want that users be able to create in that category sub albums "Concert on the 25.12.2007" or "Happy new year fest".

Or will be this feature be added later?

TedTAce

Post by TedTAce »

~Merlin~ wrote:Tell me please is it possible to allow users create their own albums under general categories? For example I create via ACP category named "Concert fotos" and I want that users be able to create in that category sub albums "Concert on the 25.12.2007" or "Happy new year fest".

it's under album permissions in the ACP

~Merlin~

Post by ~Merlin~ »

TedTAce wrote:it's under album permissions in the ACP
It is not what I asking for...
In that tab I can set permissions for ALREADY created albums. But I need to allow users to CREATE albums in specified category in the gallery.

rsl22

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.2.3 help

Post by rsl22 »

Installation not going to next step from here.

Welcome to the Installationmenu
When you choose to install the MOD, any database of previous versions will be dropped.

Installv0.2.3: Yes No

I click on submit and nothing heppens.

RSL22

nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

rsl22 wrote:Installv0.2.3: Yes No
I click on submit and nothing heppens.
You changed the install to Yes?
~Merlin~ wrote:Tell me please is it possible to allow users create their own albums under general categories? For example I create via ACP category named "Concert fotos" and I want that users be able to create in that category sub albums "Concert on the 25.12.2007" or "Happy new year fest".
i'm note sure right now.
No Support via PM

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”