[RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.2 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by nickvergessen » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 pm

chicochaleur29 wrote:
nickvergessen wrote:seems like you didnt copy all files to your forum

this message appears when I click on : http://www.toto.com/forum/ucp.php?i=gal ... scriptions

(button manage subcriptions in UCP)
arg,
includes/ucp/ucp_gallery.php
find:

Code: Select all

include($phpbb_root_path . $gallery_root_path . 'includes/permissions.' . $phpEx);
after add:

include($phpbb_root_path . $gallery_root_path . 'plugins/index.' . $phpEx);
the packages was just replaced.
No Support via PM

chicochaleur29

Post by chicochaleur29 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:24 am

nickvergessen wrote:
chicochaleur29 wrote:
nickvergessen wrote:seems like you didnt copy all files to your forum

this message appears when I click on : http://www.toto.com/forum/ucp.php?i=gal ... scriptions

(button manage subcriptions in UCP)
arg,
includes/ucp/ucp_gallery.php
find:

include($phpbb_root_path . $gallery_root_path . 'includes/permissions.' . $phpEx);
after add:

include($phpbb_root_path . $gallery_root_path . 'plugins/index.' . $phpEx);
the packages was just replaced.

Thanks
Now, it's OK :)

zake black

Post by zake black » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:20 am

Oh new version, totally missed that... Will look at that later :)

Anyway.. Anyone tell me which file to edit. i want to make a change to the comment window. so an icon is included on every comment. but cannot locate the file??

Cheers

Andy

JezUK1

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.1 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by JezUK1 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:21 am

nickvergessen wrote:The images are to big, to create a thumbnail on your server.
Ask your host to increase the memory limit
Is there anyway were I can make it so it will get smaller when people uploade it?
Jez

ControlThis.co.uk - Your online model shop

twick100

Post by twick100 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:47 pm

This works perfect on my Custom Theme. Thanks for this!

DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:53 pm

Is it possible to have two seperate installations running on one forum? If not is it possible for a new feature to be added to this which would allow us to pick a table prefix for the gallery tables and config names?

I need two installations as I use one gallery for photos & another for flyers at the moment and that is how I need it to remain but that is with the use of Coppermine which I'm not 100% happy with.

Also, is their an addon/plugin for this gallery which would add a Java upload for mass/easy uploading of lots of files? Sometimes I add upto 1000 photos in one go.

I also like the way that Coppermine displays the categories & albums, would it be easy to edit this gallery to make it display them in a similar way? Or would it involve editing the PHP files? If it's difficult could a setting possibly be added which would allow you to select how you would like your gallery to be displayed?

Thanks

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:53 am

zake black wrote:Anyway.. Anyone tell me which file to edit. i want to make a change to the comment window. so an icon is included on every comment. but cannot locate the file??
while posting? template/gallery/posting_body.html while viewing the image viewimage_body.html
JezUK1 wrote:
nickvergessen wrote:The images are to big, to create a thumbnail on your server.
Is there anyway were I can make it so it will get smaller when people uploade it?
there's an option in the acp for that yes
DJ Skitzo wrote:Is it possible to have two seperate installations running on one forum? If not is it possible for a new feature to be added to this which would allow us to pick a table prefix for the gallery tables and config names?
the prefix is in the includes/constants.php but it's not possible to do that at all...

I need two installations as I use one gallery for photos & another for flyers at the moment and that is how I need it to remain but that is with the use of Coppermine which I'm not 100% happy with.
DJ Skitzo wrote:Also, is their an addon/plugin for this gallery which would add a Java upload for mass/easy uploading of lots of files? Sometimes I add upto 1000 photos in one go.
in the acp there's an massupload option. I'm not a pro to java(script) (i'm not even a noob, as I just dont know anything :P )
DJ Skitzo wrote:I also like the way that Coppermine displays the categories & albums, would it be easy to edit this gallery to make it display them in a similar way? Or would it involve editing the PHP files? If it's difficult could a setting possibly be added which would allow you to select how you would like your gallery to be displayed?
I think the styling will be changed to a more gallery like styling with 1.2.x
No Support via PM

Artack

Post by Artack » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:26 am

Thank You for update)
One problem, all old images posted with bbcode album dont show in topics, images posted after update are showing (just giving [album]each number[/album])
I try update bbcode from acp gallery, but they still not showing(

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:33 pm

This issue should be solved with the update.
you may try just to delete the bbocde in acp > posts > bbcodes and afterwards add it again
No Support via PM

JezUK1

Post by JezUK1 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:44 pm

JezUK1 wrote:
there's an option in the acp for that.

Were in the acp is that please as Im not sure... Thanks
Jez

ControlThis.co.uk - Your online model shop

Artack

Post by Artack » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:59 pm

nickvergessen wrote:This issue should be solved with the update.
you may try just to delete the bbocde in acp > posts > bbcodes and afterwards add it again
Still not show for posted images before update to 1.0.2 :(

DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:25 pm

nickvergessen wrote:
DJ Skitzo wrote:Is it possible to have two seperate installations running on one forum? If not is it possible for a new feature to be added to this which would allow us to pick a table prefix for the gallery tables and config names?
the prefix is in the includes/constants.php but it's not possible to do that at all...
DJ Skitzo wrote:Also, is their an addon/plugin for this gallery which would add a Java upload for mass/easy uploading of lots of files? Sometimes I add upto 1000 photos in one go.
in the acp there's an massupload option. I'm not a pro to java(script) (i'm not even a noob, as I just dont know anything :P )
DJ Skitzo wrote:I also like the way that Coppermine displays the categories & albums, would it be easy to edit this gallery to make it display them in a similar way? Or would it involve editing the PHP files? If it's difficult could a setting possibly be added which would allow you to select how you would like your gallery to be displayed?
I think the styling will be changed to a more gallery like styling with 1.2.x
OK then, thanks for the reply. I'll look forward to seeing the new gallery like styling in 1.2.x.

Just another feature request though, would it be possible to add a link below photos in the gallery which would allow registered users to click to say that they are in the photo. Then for the gallery to display something like "This is user1, user2 and user3" or something similar and then to display that photo in the users profile along with any others that they are in?

Seen this feature on another website and its really popular on their.

Thanks

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Artack wrote:
nickvergessen wrote:This issue should be solved with the update.
Still not show for posted images before update to 1.0.2 :(
you need to edit the posts and resubmit them afterwards
DJ Skitzo wrote:Just another feature request though, would it be possible to add a link below photos in the gallery which would allow registered users to click to say that they are in the photo. Then for the gallery to display something like "This is user1, user2 and user3" or something similar and then to display that photo in the users profile along with any others that they are in?
This is requested like on every second page in this topic. If someone can code it I'll try to implement it.... :geek:
No Support via PM

modifier

Post by modifier » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:05 am

Trying to get the images to minimize and come up using the highslide i have installed. Any ideas guys ?
http://www.ngnuke.comYour source for PHPBB3 Graphics and Mods.

michaelo
Name: Michael O'Toole

Post by michaelo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:31 am

Just installed the gallery mod with my portal (stargate portal) and for the most part everything works fine with one exception...

The main gallery sets the template body to:

$template->set_filenames(array(
	'body' => 'gallery/index_body.html')
);
In effect any other code on the page that uses images from the root/images/xxx folder will be modified to root/gallery/images/xxx ... Obviously these images will not display...

To over come this I renamed the gallery index.php to gallery.php and placed it in the root... I then alter the code to reflect the changes and it appears to work fine...

Question... was there an easier way to correct this if the gallery code was wrapped inside other code...
Reference and image: http://www.stargate-portal.com/forum/vi ... 1473#p1473

Note: This edit may be missing from colours.css

.icon-gallery					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_gallery.gif"); }
Contributions: Mods & Styles Extensions
(site is down): Kiss Portal Engine

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”