[RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
creilly
Registered User
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 am

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by creilly » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:05 am

Attachments work, only having issues with gallery

thanks

User avatar
grotevoet
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:56 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by grotevoet » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:28 pm

Furball Zen wrote:Ok im sorry, im not really understanding what you mean.
Are you saying i added the code twice?
Cause i cant find where that happened.

Im using AutoMod to install, had to Force Install (to do some things manually) but got the Line 151 error.
So i uninstalled the Gallery and reinstalled it.
Went to Install (after forcing again) and thats when i got the 472 error.
Check INCLUDE/CACHE.PHP on your server; make sure there is only one line for defining the function obtain_album_list. The last ~50 lines of of the file should show something like:

Code: Select all

432:		return $hook_files;
433:	}
434:
435:	/**
436:	* Obtain list of albums
437:	*/
438:	function obtain_album_list()
439:	{
...
468:		return $albums;
469:	}
470:}
471:
472:?>
(Line numbers are my manual addition).

Marc
Image

User avatar
Furball Zen
Registered User
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by Furball Zen » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:26 pm

grotevoet wrote:
Furball Zen wrote:Ok im sorry, im not really understanding what you mean.
Are you saying i added the code twice?
Cause i cant find where that happened.

Im using AutoMod to install, had to Force Install (to do some things manually) but got the Line 151 error.
So i uninstalled the Gallery and reinstalled it.
Went to Install (after forcing again) and thats when i got the 472 error.
Check INCLUDE/CACHE.PHP on your server; make sure there is only one line for defining the function obtain_album_list. The last ~50 lines of of the file should show something like:

Code: Select all

432:		return $hook_files;
433:	}
434:
435:	/**
436:	* Obtain list of albums
437:	*/
438:	function obtain_album_list()
439:	{
...
468:		return $albums;
469:	}
470:}
471:
472:?>
(Line numbers are my manual addition).

Marc
I rewrote everything and reuploaded it (im at work) and now im getting this:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in c:\program files\instantservers\miniportal\apache\htdocs\bot-racing.com\docs\xox\includes\cache.php on line 39

but i took a fresh copy of cache.php and manually added the edits and thats whats coming up now.

Is it possible to manually uninstall this so i can start over? I cant access my board at all with this.
I am the almighty Furball Zen. Hear me fluff.

Site Admin: too many to list ;)
Port 80 is for your server, port 3306 is for your db :)
If your forum displays correctly in IE, it needs to be fixed :)

User avatar
grotevoet
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:56 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by grotevoet » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Furball Zen wrote:I rewrote everything and reuploaded it (im at work) and now im getting this:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in c:\program files\instantservers\miniportal\apache\htdocs\bot-racing.com\docs\xox\includes\cache.php on line 39

but i took a fresh copy of cache.php and manually added the edits and thats whats coming up now.

Is it possible to manually uninstall this so i can start over? I cant access my board at all with this.
The parse error indicates that you are missing a semi-colon ";" at the end of the lines you edited, or you have some mismatched quotes or brackets.

Can you send me a copy of the original one that gave you the error after the initial AutoMOD installation, and a copy of the one you have now - maybe in a PM?

PS: Do you have any other MODs installed, apart from the phpBB Gallery?

Regards,
Marc
Image

User avatar
Furball Zen
Registered User
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by Furball Zen » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:10 pm

grotevoet wrote:
Furball Zen wrote:I rewrote everything and reuploaded it (im at work) and now im getting this:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in c:\program files\instantservers\miniportal\apache\htdocs\bot-racing.com\docs\xox\includes\cache.php on line 39

but i took a fresh copy of cache.php and manually added the edits and thats whats coming up now.

Is it possible to manually uninstall this so i can start over? I cant access my board at all with this.
The parse error indicates that you are missing a semi-colon ";" at the end of the lines you edited, or you have some mismatched quotes or brackets.

Can you send me a copy of the original one that gave you the error after the initial AutoMOD installation, and a copy of the one you have now - maybe in a PM?

PS: Do you have any other MODs installed, apart from the phpBB Gallery?

Regards,
Marc
Well i would, but now i got it working, sort of. I can login, but im cycled to main page and logged out. I cannot register with a new name either, and it doesnt recognize me as an Admin.
For what ever reason, the clean source copy i used and then modded as above got corrupt somehow, cause i redid it and it worked.

Other MODS are:
warning_reasons
thanks_mod
notify_admin_on_registration_1_0_0
MSSTI_RSS_v121
ban_hammer_1.0.1

So, now to fix the login problem lol.
I am the almighty Furball Zen. Hear me fluff.

Site Admin: too many to list ;)
Port 80 is for your server, port 3306 is for your db :)
If your forum displays correctly in IE, it needs to be fixed :)

User avatar
Furball Zen
Registered User
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by Furball Zen » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:32 pm

Bump please?

I think the only way to really fix this is to completely uninstall it and start over. If i choose to reinstall. But is there any other way than to manually go through each step and undo it?
I am the almighty Furball Zen. Hear me fluff.

Site Admin: too many to list ;)
Port 80 is for your server, port 3306 is for your db :)
If your forum displays correctly in IE, it needs to be fixed :)

User avatar
Furball Zen
Registered User
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by Furball Zen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:43 am

Furball Zen wrote:Bump please?

I think the only way to really fix this is to completely uninstall it and start over. If i choose to reinstall. But is there any other way than to manually go through each step and undo it?
Fixed by an unrelated step!

stevemaury wrote:

* Upload all new files from a download of the full 3.0.5 version, except for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
* Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
* Let that run and then delete the install folder.
* You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts.



Holy crap! Thanks Steve! This worked on my problem. I installed the phpbb Gallery Mod and it nerfed during install and its been down almost 24 hours while i tried to figure out what the heck happened and how to fix it.
I am the almighty Furball Zen. Hear me fluff.

Site Admin: too many to list ;)
Port 80 is for your server, port 3306 is for your db :)
If your forum displays correctly in IE, it needs to be fixed :)

User avatar
Furball Zen
Registered User
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by Furball Zen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:30 am

My joy might be premature... please see http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1782405 in case this is related to the Gallery MOD.
I am the almighty Furball Zen. Hear me fluff.

Site Admin: too many to list ;)
Port 80 is for your server, port 3306 is for your db :)
If your forum displays correctly in IE, it needs to be fixed :)

SethAthon
Registered User
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by SethAthon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:42 am

Hi Nick,

and thank you for this mod. I've installed it few days ago and so far works great.

I just have a few problems / questions :

- I can't moderate pictures except my own ones (just edit text / comment etc...) but I cannot move pictures around galleries, edit others pictures, etc...

- I can't do multiple upload. My Max file size is set to 50Mo both in ACP and in PHP.ini. If i upload 1 picture 2/3Mo, it's OK, but 2 or more pictures (tried with 2 pictures, each 3Mo) it seems to time out. It loads, and then the upload page is displayed again, blank.

- Bonus : the watermark is not working (but I think i already saw a post that says the bug a been reported : Can you please confirm?)

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks again for your mod.

User avatar
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Name: Joas Schilling
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by nickvergessen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:51 am

SethAthon wrote:I can't moderate pictures except my own ones (just edit text / comment etc...) but I cannot move pictures around galleries, edit others pictures, etc...
Seems like you didn't set the permissions correctly, did you set the moderator permissions for all your gropups correctly? If one is set to Never, that's the result.
SethAthon wrote:I can't do multiple upload. My Max file size is set to 50Mo both in ACP and in PHP.ini. If i upload 1 picture 2/3Mo, it's OK, but 2 or more pictures (tried with 2 pictures, each 3Mo) it seems to time out. It loads, and then the upload page is displayed again, blank.
So your server times out, maybe you can try adjusting max_execution_time in php.ini
SethAthon wrote:Bonus : the watermark is not working (but I think i already saw a post that says the bug a been reported : Can you please confirm?)
Should be a permission failure aswell, if not so, there was a fix about watermarks in the middle height and right width.
No Support via PM

SethAthon
Registered User
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by SethAthon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:43 am

Hi again,

thank you for your quick answer.

It's ok for point 1 & 2. I've corrected the permission (a group I was belonging to, was set to "never" on "moderate" permissions).
For point 2 the max_execution time was set to 300 sec. Seems to be pretty enough, but I set it to 600 and somehow it worked (maybe because i've restarted the web server, instead of just reloading it).

For the watermark question, here again it was a permission problem. I tought the "can view image without the watermark" option was a user-side configurable option. I didn't understand that, activating this, purely & simply remove the watermark from the image.
Anyway...

Again, thanks for your support, and for this excellent mod :)

has
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by has » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:36 am

Hey Nick

A wonderful mod. Thanks

Any idea when this is due for validation?

I am editing the files as we speak.

I have a quick question (did a search but could not find it being asked before). In your features list you mention 'Sub-folder name adjustable (default: gallery/)'

How do I change this?

User avatar
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Name: Joas Schilling
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by nickvergessen » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:50 am

has wrote:Any idea when this is due for validation?
currently in queue
has wrote:I have a quick question (did a search but could not find it being asked before). In your features list you mention 'Sub-folder name adjustable (default: gallery/)'

How do I change this?
includes/constants.php you have the constant GALLERY_ROOT_PATH, just adjust that one and afterwards rename the gallery/ folder.
No Support via PM

emsik
Registered User
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:55 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.2 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by emsik » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:15 pm

nickvergessen wrote:
emsik wrote:
emsik wrote:Hello, i 've got a problem with the next thumbnail image which i think should be nearer left side.

Image

where did i make mistake ?
Anyone ?
That seems to be a failure of your custom style, as I use some code from prosilver for this.
Can you give me some clue, in which file should i start to looking for mistakes ? I use prosilver se.

User avatar
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Name: Joas Schilling
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by nickvergessen » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:36 am

one of the css files in theme/
No Support via PM

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”