[RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
User avatar
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Name: Joas Schilling
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by nickvergessen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Scofield112 wrote:Big thanks for fast reply !
Yes, all of the moderation permissions are set to YES :cry:
I tried to set up a group permissions (administrators) and user permissions (admin) too, but it does not help :o
maybe you are member of a group where it is set to never?
No Support via PM

Scofield112
Registered User
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:39 am

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by Scofield112 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:03 pm

No, I am only in administrators group :cry:
I really don't understand it, I'm not expert in phpBB but it dosn't work anyway :o I tried to register new user, but it is the same :cry:
Sorry for my bad English :)
Image
Image

User avatar
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Name: Joas Schilling
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by nickvergessen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:41 pm

you should at least be in registered users aswell
No Support via PM

User avatar
maxmat
Registered User
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:05 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by maxmat » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:21 pm

SOLVED

minorman
Registered User
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by minorman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:27 pm

maxmat wrote:SOLVED
<sarcasm>Well that's fantastically useful, innit? </sarcasm>
Not only have you not referenced the problem that you've solved, so we don't know what the issue was, but you've not said how you've solved it either.

User avatar
maxmat
Registered User
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:05 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by maxmat » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:00 pm

minorman wrote:
maxmat wrote:SOLVED
<sarcasm>Well that's fantastically useful, innit? </sarcasm>
Not only have you not referenced the problem that you've solved, so we don't know what the issue was, but you've not said how you've solved it either.
Well, i had a question, i found the answer to it so i changed my post to "SOLVED". I was not able to upload pictures, but i found a setting in ACP that i missed.

Now, i got 2 other questions. The moderatepanel, i can´t find it in gallery/index.php, only in each album. The problem is that i got 60 categories in the album so is there a way to see/have a moderatepanel for all categories or do i have to look in to all of them to see reported images?

The second question is: In ACP i set it so it should show albumstatistics on the forum index.php but it don´t show up. I can just see it in gallery/index.php...

Thanks in advance!

sTimulated
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:16 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by sTimulated » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Gallery is working great,once again many thanks Nick :)

Not sure if this has been asked but is it possible to implement some kind of popup or pm when new pictures have been added?
Something along the lines of if you 'subscribe' to a member then you get a pm when they have uploaded new photo's.

I think this would be especially useful to admins but admins would need to be 'subscribed' to every member by default.

User avatar
muggins
Registered User
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Texas
Name: Donovan
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by muggins » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:47 pm

Or by implementing the same sort of thing that Andy's Ultra-Gallery uses for the link icon.

It changes color when there's a new image uploaded.
Muggins

User avatar
novanilla
Registered User
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:08 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by novanilla » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:27 am

I'm updating from 0.4.1 to 1.0.3 and I'm wondering, do I have to follow this process?

0.4.1 --> 1.0.0 edits (run install/update script)
1.0.0 --> 1.0.1 edits (run install/update script)
1.0.1 --> 1.0.2 edits (run install/update script)
1.0.2 --> 1.0.3 edits (run install/update script)

OR do I...

0.4.1 --> 1.0.0 --> 1.0.1 --> 1.0.2 --> 1.0.3 (run install/update script)

??

It makes sense if it's the latter, but I want to make sure.

Thanks

ADDED NOTE: Also, there seem to be a number of supposedly edited lines in viewtopic.php that I can't find. I was running 0.4.1 and I know it was working. Why is my viewtopic file apparently not matching the one in 1.0.0's edits? Does this question make sense to anybody?

Scofield112
Registered User
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:39 am

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by Scofield112 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:05 am

nickvergessen wrote:you should at least be in registered users aswell
Yes, now I am in registered users, but even so it does't work :o I can "moderate" only my pictures and comments :(
Sorry for my bad English :)
Image
Image

User avatar
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Name: Joas Schilling
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by nickvergessen » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:04 pm

novanilla wrote:I'm updating from 0.4.1 to 1.0.3 and I'm wondering, do I have to follow this process?

0.4.1 --> 1.0.0 edits (run install/update script)
1.0.0 --> 1.0.1 edits (run install/update script)
1.0.1 --> 1.0.2 edits (run install/update script)
1.0.2 --> 1.0.3 edits (run install/update script)

OR do I...

0.4.1 --> 1.0.0 --> 1.0.1 --> 1.0.2 --> 1.0.3 (run install/update script)
both should work...
novanilla wrote:Also, there seem to be a number of supposedly edited lines in viewtopic.php that I can't find. I was running 0.4.1 and I know it was working. Why is my viewtopic file apparently not matching the one in 1.0.0's edits? Does this question make sense to anybody?
just have a look at the install.xml than you need to match all edits from that on the viewtopic.php
No Support via PM

User avatar
novanilla
Registered User
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:08 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by novanilla » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:26 pm

nickvergessen wrote:
novanilla wrote:I'm updating from 0.4.1 to 1.0.3 and I'm wondering, do I have to follow this process?

0.4.1 --> 1.0.0 edits (run install/update script)
1.0.0 --> 1.0.1 edits (run install/update script)
1.0.1 --> 1.0.2 edits (run install/update script)
1.0.2 --> 1.0.3 edits (run install/update script)

OR do I...

0.4.1 --> 1.0.0 --> 1.0.1 --> 1.0.2 --> 1.0.3 (run install/update script)
both should work...
novanilla wrote:Also, there seem to be a number of supposedly edited lines in viewtopic.php that I can't find. I was running 0.4.1 and I know it was working. Why is my viewtopic file apparently not matching the one in 1.0.0's edits? Does this question make sense to anybody?
just have a look at the install.xml than you need to match all edits from that on the viewtopic.php
Regarding the upgrade path: Thank you. I'll try the easy way. :-)

Regarding the viewtopic.php file: I figured it out. Somehow, I've been running 0.4.1 without the viewtopic file edits (must have skipped them by accident). The gallery still worked, but I didn't have the little camera icon in people's posts. Easy to miss, surprising that the site still worked, LOL. I brought that file up to date, and now I'm ready to do the 1.0.0 edits again.

Thanks!

User avatar
novanilla
Registered User
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:08 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by novanilla » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:40 pm

New problem: I've run all the file edits and file copies for 0.4.1 to 1.0.3, uploaded all files, ran the update script, purged the cache, and refreshed all the templates. Now, when I go to my index, my recent/random blocks don't show, and when I go to my portal (Board3 Portal), I get this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in (site)/phpBB3/includes/template.php on line 457
Any ideas, anybody? Please?

User avatar
novanilla
Registered User
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:08 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by novanilla » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:05 am

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare recent_gallery_images() (previously declared in /u/vp/nova-nilla.com/www/Members/phpBB3/gallery/includes/functions_recent.php:23) in /u/vp/nova-nilla.com/www/Members/phpBB3/gallery/includes/functions_recent.php on line 342
fumbling blind here, LOL... managed to find the configurator, and no matter what I do, I can't make the RR blocks show up in the index - I get the above error instead. Disabled the RR blocks in the Board3 portal - I'm gonna head over to their site and try updating to the new version of gallery block mod and see if that helps. I'll just do without the index blocks if I can make the portal work.

Crunchie
Registered User
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:13 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.3 (including TS Gallery converter)

Post by Crunchie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:25 am

Hi all,

I had the TS gallery installed on our 3.0.4 forum and didn't realise it had died a death. We upgraded to 3.0.5 and yep you guessed it the gallery no longer works. The image folders are all still on our server but we get error messages every time we try and enter the gallery,

Is there any way we can upgrade to this gallery mod without losing the images?

our board is here

http://www.runrigforum.com/forum

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”