[MODDB] Board3 Portal 1.0.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
tropicalsuns

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.2.1

Post by tropicalsuns »

I would like to install this and am using smooth blue as a theme.

How difficult would it be for me to convert this mod to smooth blue?
Saint_hh
Name: Kevin

Post by Saint_hh »

It will be no problem to use Smooth Blue.
Chris, our "Style Doctor" has already made a adaption for this style: http://www.phpbb-projekt.de/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=62
tech4250

Post by tech4250 »

for the paypal thing i need it to be USD. I changed both things in the paypal.html but it still doesn't work. is there something else i have to change or? in the next version i would like to suggest having a drop down menu that would allow you to select different currencies.
tropicalsuns

Post by tropicalsuns »

Saint_hh wrote:It will be no problem to use Smooth Blue.
Chris, our "Style Doctor" has already made a adaption for this style: http://www.phpbb-projekt.de/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=62
Thanks
ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

I have a quick (I think) question. When a user posts on the site logo/banner, it goes to the board index. I'd like it to go to the portal. Anyone know how I can change that?

tech4250 wrote:for the paypal thing i need it to be USD. I changed both things in the paypal.html but it still doesn't work. is there something else i have to change or? in the next version i would like to suggest having a drop down menu that would allow you to select different currencies.
I was able to change it, but I think the lang file or something needs to be changed. I can't quite remember, but I'll see if I can look over it and figure it out.
Heather
tech4250

Post by tech4250 »

ham1299 wrote:I have a quick (I think) question. When a user posts on the site logo/banner, it goes to the board index. I'd like it to go to the portal. Anyone know how I can change that?

tech4250 wrote:for the paypal thing i need it to be USD. I changed both things in the paypal.html but it still doesn't work. is there something else i have to change or? in the next version i would like to suggest having a drop down menu that would allow you to select different currencies.
I was able to change it, but I think the lang file or something needs to be changed. I can't quite remember, but I'll see if I can look over it and figure it out.
ok thanks. i looked through the lang file and didn't find anything related to the currency.
ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

Quick question, as I'm looking through it: Did you refresh your template and clear the board's cache, then reload your page?
Heather
tech4250

Post by tech4250 »

no but i will right now and see what happens.
ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

Good luck.
Heather
tech4250

Post by tech4250 »

alright just cleared the cache and all is well. thank you very much for your help :)
ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

You're very welcome! :) I'm glad it's working now! :)
Heather
tropicalsuns

Re: nevermind fixed!!!

Post by tropicalsuns »

I installed the portal and my board went down. Months ago I had installed a chat with bots. I had to remove it manually from the database. When I did this I deleted phpbb3_bots'. The board worked fine, the only thing that this broke was in the ACP "bots control" tab did not function.

After I uploaded the changed files for the portal install I ran the portal install.php and it install successfully.

The board went down. see this http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=878035

I replaced all the backup files but still have errors and cannot log onto the board or certainly the ACP to clear the cache.

Any clues on how to fix?

Thanks again.
Last edited by tropicalsuns on Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
tech4250

Post by tech4250 »

alrighty. now that i have everything laid out, everytime i click on anything related to the forum (phpbb3) itself, the portal disappears and the forum takes up the whole screen. how do i make it so that the forum operates within the portal?
tropicalsuns

Post by tropicalsuns »

tropicalsuns wrote:
I installed the portal and my board went down. Months ago I had installed a chat with bots. I had to remove it manually from the database. When I did this I deleted phpbb3_bots'. The board worked fine, the only thing that this broke was in the ACP "bots control" tab did not function.

After I uploaded the changed files for the portal install I ran the portal install.php and it install successfully.

The board went down. see this http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=878035

I replaced all the backup files but still have errors and cannot log onto the board or certainly the ACP to clear the cache.

Any clues on how to fix?

Thanks again.

OK I got everything sorted out!!!

In FireFox things look perfect.

In Windows Explorer the width of the portal is pushed a bit wide.

How do I adjust that?

I see the adjustments in acp to adjust the width of the outer columns but it seems I need to adjust the middle column's width...

LOVE THE PORTAL!!!
tropicalsuns

Post by tropicalsuns »

In Windows Explorer the width of the portal is pushed a bit wide.
I took out the "search box" and that pulled it in from being to wide.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”