[MODDB] Board3 Portal 1.0.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
avaren

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.2.1

Post by avaren »

Lele710: You haven't done the file edits, specifically the ones in includes/constants.php.

JirkaX: Are you using phpBB3.0.1? That introduced a fixed welcome box length. See http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p5075365. Popular topic is defined by the length set in the phpBB Config page, not the Portal options. Under ACP -> General -> Board Configuration -> Post settings -> Popular topic threshold.

Dreambox-center: Seen http://www.board3.de/ for more blocks.
JirkaX

Post by JirkaX »

Thanks a lot. It helped. BTW I'd like to have forum picture as a link to portal, not to forum. What should I change?
avaren

Post by avaren »

I think all you need to do is find

Code: Select all

<a href="{U_INDEX}" title="{L_INDEX}" id="logo">{SITE_LOGO_IMG}</a>
in over_header.php and replace U_INDEX with U_PORTAL
JirkaX

Post by JirkaX »

Great, thanks. And is there any way how to have font in welcome message bigger? Because default size is quite difficult to be read. BTW On http://www.board3.de/ HTML formating of welcome message is used. But as far as I know, there can be only plain text in welcome message. Or not?

BTW One last thing - in Firefox there is problem with block Recent. All topics are located in the left half of the page - see below. Do you know reason for this?

Last edited by JirkaX on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avaren

Post by avaren »

Thats in the next version. :) Regarding the font, just edit the welcome.html file in the portal templates directory.
JirkaX

Post by JirkaX »

New version? And when is it planned to release it? ;)

BTW If someone is interested I made Czech translation of language files.
avaren

Post by avaren »

Post em in the language forum over at board3.de. It will be released when it's ready. ;)
JirkaX

Post by JirkaX »

ok, I will. BTW Do you know the solution for FF issue decribed above?

What is supposed to be done to have gap between select box (posts, author ...) and searcg button in search block? I tried to add <br> in relevant html file (search.html in styte template folder), but it didn't work.
avaren

Post by avaren »

You want a gap in the dropdown? You can make an empty <option></option> but that is likely to break the form.

As for the FF bug, I don't know what you're talking about. where is it?
JirkaX

Post by JirkaX »

Regarding search block - I"d like to have gap where red arrow is.

Regarding FF and Recent block - all 3 columns are on the left side and right side is empty - see picture below.

Saint_hh
Name: Kevin

Post by Saint_hh »

JirkaX wrote:New version? And when is it planned to release it? ;)
Soon. ;)
We are about to do the last things, the Testgroup has to test it and the translators have to translate the new variables afterwards. If everything is fine and together, we'll release it.
JirkaX wrote:BTW If someone is interested I made Czech translation of language files.
Yes, it's very much appreciated! Please join the group "Translators", so i could give you the start signal to translate the new variables (as soon as we have finished our targets). Then your translation will be included in the next release. :)
JirkaX

Post by JirkaX »

Thanks for the information. I already added translation files to your forum - http://www.board3.de/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=445
lele710

Post by lele710 »

avaren wrote:Lele710: You haven't done the file edits, specifically the ones in includes/constants.php.
Thanks...works :D
TrevorBradley

Post by TrevorBradley »

I love the portal. It's exactly what I was looking for.

I'd like to be able to add new blocks to the portal, but digging into the PHP it wasn't obvious how to do this. Are there instructions anywhere on adding a new block to the portal?

(Specifically, I'd love to integrate phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 into the front page of portal, but at the moment what I'm looking for is a way to add a "Hello World" block between, say, RECENT and LATEST GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS.

Thanks in advance!
Saint_hh
Name: Kevin

Post by Saint_hh »

TrevorBradley wrote:I'd like to be able to add new blocks to the portal
Here you'll find a tutorial how to add a custom block: http://www.board3.de/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=310
In the upcoming version we have added two custom blocks, which can be filled in the ACP with BBCode or HTML.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”