[MODDB] Board3 Portal 1.0.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Saint_hh
Registered User
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:16 pm
Location: Hamburg / Germany
Name: Kevin
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by Saint_hh »

vigge_swe wrote:Which bugs are there at phpbb3portal? Because I found none. And every block is off and on turnable trought the ACP
If you don't see any bugs and you hold that every block is off and on turnable - fine, stay happy with the phpbb3Portal. :wink:

If you think we just took a copy of the phpbb3Portal and labeled it Board3 Portal - feel free to compare the two packages.
With the upcoming second beta we'll depart even more from the original portal. Apart from several bugfixes, a few new features will be added, as well as subsilver2 template files.
User avatar
Lawofthesnake
Registered User
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:51 pm

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by Lawofthesnake »

I get this error when i try to install:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: adm_back_link() in /home/maxpower/public_html/includes/acp/acp_modules.php on line 768
Saint_hh
Registered User
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:16 pm
Location: Hamburg / Germany
Name: Kevin
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by Saint_hh »

Which version of phpBB3?
djpeacock
Registered User
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:06 pm

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by djpeacock »

Love the mod. I've got this installed on a test environment. Got a question...

I don't want people seeing the portal page at all until they are logged in. If someone types the address in directly, how can I redirect them to the index if they're not logged in?

Thanks.
User avatar
angelside
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:32 am
Location: Türkiye
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by angelside »

Why not send bugfix patch to me, you're renamed my portal?
phpBB Türkiye | Turkish phpBB3 support and develop
phpBB3 Portal | simple portal for phpBB3 Olympus
Saint_hh
Registered User
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:16 pm
Location: Hamburg / Germany
Name: Kevin
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by Saint_hh »

Hi Angelside,

i'm sorry that you're displeased, but:

1st: you wrote me (before we got serious into this project):
Alexis wrote:If you want, make a new branch, have on "based on phpBB3 portal".
2nd: you have made a announcement that you've stopped the development of the phpbbPortal 1.X Versions and want to make a complete new version. Also:
Alexis wrote:I reach my 1.1.x planned stage, no more improve/develop, maybe only some bugfix.
This was on Jan 16, 2008 - our first release was on 20. Jan 2008.

3rd:
angelside wrote:Why not send bugfix patch to me
If you take a closer look on the package and compare it to yours, then you will see that we've not only made tons of bugfixing - it's nearly a complete rework of the Portal. We've changed many things in the core and added new features and functions. And:
Saint_hh wrote:With the upcoming second beta we'll depart even more from the original portal. Apart from several bugfixes, a few new features will be added, as well as subsilver2 template files.
findome
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:41 pm

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by findome »

Guys,

I'm a bit confused. So this mod is an off-shot of phpBB Portal...but being developed by a new crew. I thought this was still by the phpBB Portal. Anyway big-ups for the effort.

I have a question. I'm currently using phpBB Portal v 1.0.3b. Can I upgrade to this version? If yes...how? Are there instructions. If not, what are my options to using this mod...knowing that I already have 1.0.3b

Also any idea of when we'll see the next release Board 3 Portal 0.2.0?

thanks
Saint_hh
Registered User
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:16 pm
Location: Hamburg / Germany
Name: Kevin
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by Saint_hh »

We offer a Update from 1.1.0b, but not for 1.0.3. You best uninstall it.
Version v 1.0.3b haven't made any changes in the database, so you just have to do the install instructions backwards. Should take you just a few minutes.
Version 0.2.0 will be out soon, within the next days. We got some new things in it, like subsilver2, the poll is completely new coded (user permissions check, excluded forums, always newest polls, etc), birthday preview, etc.
We are in the last things and testing to do. So it won't take too long. :wink:
findome wrote:I'm a bit confused. So this mod is an off-shot of phpBB Portal
Yes, that is what i wrote in the first post. :wink:
User avatar
crackerboy
Registered User
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:49 pm

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by crackerboy »

How soon can support for subsilver 2 come as i need a portal on my board and this one looks promising and what i am after
Saint_hh
Registered User
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:16 pm
Location: Hamburg / Germany
Name: Kevin
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by Saint_hh »

subsilver2 is included in the next release, which will come within the next days.
Saint_hh wrote:We are in the last things and testing to do. So it won't take too long.
hondaciv
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:53 am

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by hondaciv »

Having tried phpbbportal, then this, I can say without a pause, use this one. WAY less bugs and more features.
User avatar
angelside
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:32 am
Location: Türkiye
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by angelside »

Sorry, I can't remember you. Ok, I send PM you.
Saint_hh wrote:Hi Angelside,

i'm sorry that you're displeased, but:

1st: you wrote me (before we got serious into this project):
Alexis wrote:If you want, make a new branch, have on "based on phpBB3 portal".
2nd: you have made a announcement that you've stopped the development of the phpbbPortal 1.X Versions and want to make a complete new version. Also:
Alexis wrote:I reach my 1.1.x planned stage, no more improve/develop, maybe only some bugfix.
This was on Jan 16, 2008 - our first release was on 20. Jan 2008.

3rd:
angelside wrote:Why not send bugfix patch to me
If you take a closer look on the package and compare it to yours, then you will see that we've not only made tons of bugfixing - it's nearly a complete rework of the Portal. We've changed many things in the core and added new features and functions. And:
Saint_hh wrote:With the upcoming second beta we'll depart even more from the original portal. Apart from several bugfixes, a few new features will be added, as well as subsilver2 template files.
phpBB Türkiye | Turkish phpBB3 support and develop
phpBB3 Portal | simple portal for phpBB3 Olympus
User avatar
crackerboy
Registered User
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:49 pm

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by crackerboy »

I cant wait to install this on a testforum :D
FlexyClown
Registered User
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 7:20 pm

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by FlexyClown »

Looking good. Would be nice if the Welcome message could be longer than 160 characters and allow bbcode in it. Currently there is no checking of the length so anything over 160 chars gives a database insert error.
User avatar
Floyds
Registered User
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:59 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Board 3 Portal 0.1.0

Post by Floyds »

does anyone know how to edit the links block with acp? or must I edit the links.php file my self ??

BTW is there a fix for IE7 ?? coz it looks very bad in IE7 in FF it shows good...
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”