[RC] Prime Quick Reply

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
drankur

Re: [BETA] Prime Quick Reply

Post by drankur » Mon May 26, 2008 8:59 pm

thanks for reply bro , actually two quick replies were installed by me so they were interfering with each other .............. i have removed the other one ............ all things working now ..... great thanks for this excellent mod :D

njs

Post by njs » Tue May 27, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

Would it be possible to have the quickreply box appear and disappear using a Quick Reply button next to the New Reply ? Is there's already a mod for it, could you please point it to me ?

Another question, how hard would it be to have control on the options that appear on the left using the ACP ?

Kind regards and keep up the excelent work on these mods of yours.

Nuno

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Tue May 27, 2008 11:56 pm

njs wrote:Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

Would it be possible to have the quickreply box appear and disappear using a Quick Reply button next to the New Reply ? Is there's already a mod for it, could you please point it to me ?

Another question, how hard would it be to have control on the options that appear on the left using the ACP ?

Kind regards and keep up the excelent work on these mods of yours.

Nuno
Yep, this has been asked before. It's possible to do, but I don't have any instructions detailing how. If someone wants to put together some instructions, let me know. It shouldn't be too hard to implement.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

njs

Post by njs » Wed May 28, 2008 10:25 am

After posting this message I tried to figure out how to do it and I was able to do the quick reply thing.

I'll try to post the changes here later, since right now I don't have access to the code.

Regards,
Nuno

njs

Post by njs » Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Hi there,

I don't know if this is the best solution, since I've made some changes on the code, mainly to take out the Show Hide clickable link in the header of the quick reply box and the format.

Here it goes.

/styles/subsilver2/viewtopic_body.html

Code: Select all

FIND: 
<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_REPLY_INFO --><a href="{U_POST_REPLY_TOPIC}">{REPLY_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->

REPLACE WITH:
<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_REPLY_INFO --><a href="{U_POST_REPLY_TOPIC}">{REPLY_IMG}</a>&nbsp;<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY_ALLOWED --><a href="javascript:prime_quick_reply_toggle(document.getElementById('toggle_'+form_name));">{QUICK_REPLY_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
/styles/subsilver2/prime_quick_reply.html

FIND:
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

ADD BEFORE:
<form name="postform" id="postform" method="post" action="{QUICK_REPLY_POST_ACTION}" onsubmit="return prime_quick_reply_check(this);"<!-- IF not QUICK_REPLY_SHOW_FORM --> style="display:none;"<!-- ENDIF -->>
<table width="90%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="text-align: center; margin:0 auto;">

FIND:
<th<!-- IF $CAN_HIDE_OPTIONS --> style="padding-right:150px;"<!-- ENDIF -->><!-- IF $CAN_HIDE_OPTIONS --><a name="toggle_quick_reply_options" id="toggle_quick_reply_options" class="down" style="float:left;cursor:pointer;font-weight:normal;display:block;width:150px;text-align:center;<!-- IF not QUICK_REPLY_SHOW_FORM -->visibility:hidden;<!-- ENDIF -->" onclick="prime_quick_reply_toggle(this);"><!-- IF QUICK_REPLY_SHOW_OPTIONS -->{L_QUICK_REPLY_HIDE_OPTIONS}<!-- ELSE -->{L_QUICK_REPLY_SHOW_OPTIONS}<!-- ENDIF --></a><!-- ENDIF --><a name="toggle_postform" id="toggle_postform" style="cursor:pointer;" onclick="prime_quick_reply_toggle(this);"><!-- IF QUICK_REPLY_SHOW_FORM -->{L_QUICK_REPLY_HIDE}<!-- ELSE -->{L_QUICK_REPLY_SHOW}<!-- ENDIF --></a> {L_QUICK_REPLY_POST_REPLY}</th>

REPLACE WITH:
<th<!-- IF $CAN_HIDE_OPTIONS --> style="padding-right:150px;"<!-- ENDIF -->><!-- IF $CAN_HIDE_OPTIONS --><a name="toggle_quick_reply_options" id="toggle_quick_reply_options" class="down" style="float:left;cursor:pointer;font-weight:normal;display:block;width:150px;text-align:center;<!-- IF not QUICK_REPLY_SHOW_FORM -->visibility:hidden;<!-- ENDIF -->" onclick="prime_quick_reply_toggle(this);"><!-- IF QUICK_REPLY_SHOW_OPTIONS -->{L_QUICK_REPLY_HIDE_OPTIONS}<!-- ELSE -->{L_QUICK_REPLY_SHOW_OPTIONS}<!-- ENDIF --></a><!-- ENDIF --><a name="toggle_postform" id="toggle_postform" style="cursor:pointer;" onclick="prime_quick_reply_toggle(this);"></a> {L_QUICK_REPLY_POST_REPLY}</th>

AFTER FIND:
<form name="postform" id="postform" method="post" action="{QUICK_REPLY_POST_ACTION}" onsubmit="return prime_quick_reply_check(this);"<!-- IF not QUICK_REPLY_SHOW_FORM --> style="display:none;"<!-- ENDIF -->>
<table class="tablebg" width="100%" cellspacing="1" align="center">

REPLACE WITH
<table class="tablebg" width="90%" cellspacing="1" align="center" style="text-align: center; margin:0 auto;">
/styles/subsilver2/prime_quick_reply.js

FIND:
eval('active_obj.innerHTML = LA_' + (v ? 'HIDE' : 'SHOW') + '_' + m + ';');

REPLACE WITH:
if (m == 'OPTIONS') eval('active_obj.innerHTML = LA_' + (v ? 'HIDE' : 'SHOW') + '_' + m + ';');
The following changes were taken from Evil Quick Reply.. Thanks a lot for that..

/viewtopic.php

FIND:
'WARN_IMG'			=> $user->img('icon_user_warn', 'WARN_USER'),

ADD AFTER:
//-- mod : Prime Quick Reply ------------------------------------------------------------
//-- add
'QUICK_REPLY_IMG'	=> $user->img('button_quick_reply', 'QUICK_REPLY'),
//-- end mod : Prime Quick Reply --------------------------------------------------------
includes/acp/acp_language.php

FIND:
, 'button_topic_reply'

IN-LINE FIND:
, 'button_topic_reply'

IN-LINE ADD AFTER:
, 'button_quick_reply'

includes/acp/acp_styles.php
FIND:
, 'button_topic_reply'

IN-LINE FIND:
, 'button_topic_reply'

IN-LINE ADD AFTER:
, 'button_quick_reply'
language/en/common.php

FIND:
'POST_REPLY'			=> 'Post a reply',

ADD AFTER:
//-- mod : Evil Quick Reply ------------------------------------------------------------
//-- add
	'QUICK_REPLY'			=> 'Quick reply',
//-- fin mod : Evil Quick Reply --------------------------------------------------------
language/en/acp/styles.php

FIND:
'IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY'	=> 'Reply topic',

ADD AFTER:
//-- mod : Evil Quick Reply ------------------------------------------------------------
//-- add
	'IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY'	=> 'Quick reply',
//-- fin mod : Evil Quick Reply --------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps, if the author wants to use it.. Feel free to do it.. :)

Kind regards,
Nuno

CentralClubs

Post by CentralClubs » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:45 am

Hello
For now, the Prime Quick reply when I click on the smilies, they are not inserted into the quick reply and the screen is moved to the top of the page.

How would I make the Prime Quick Reply Mod compatible with the Hoteditor mod ? Has anyone successfully integrated both mods ? Any suggestion or advice ?

mehdi2224

Post by mehdi2224 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:24 pm

hi mahdi

its so easy

i suggest you that use this fixed prime reply

demo

i change two file in that mod to make it light and free from posting_buttons.html 8-)
have fun

special thanks to primehalo for creating this mod . i use it and that is so fine . thanks again .
isuggest to make the mod free from posting _bottons.html (that used for install editors) and i did it and i want to look at the file in the root folder of above package.

-tribe-

Post by -tribe- » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:49 pm

hey primehalo, great mod here, was woundering if you plan on implementing the "quick reply button" into your mod now since njs has provided the code, or if i shud go ahead and install your mod then follow njs instructions.

if you plan on incorperating this soon then i'd rather wait,

thanks tribe

CentralClubs

Post by CentralClubs » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:30 pm

mehdi2224
Thanks dear Mehdi :D
But i dont have any problem with buttons, my problem with smilies!!
you are using acvanced bbcodebox and this is working nice with prime, but i am using HE
Now i fixed my problem with Prime and HE
Have Nice Time!
Last edited by CentralClubs on Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:22 pm

Hi Ken,

thank you for another very fine MOD!

A feature request: Would it be very difficult to not only store the "form status" in the cookie but also the status of "display subject", "display BBCodes" and "display smilies"? This would make your MOD even more customizable and user-friendly. :)

Greetings from Austria
Wolfgang

chemfork

Post by chemfork » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:58 am

Hi!
Very nice mod! Just two things:
the language file for German, should it go to the "de" folder instead of "du"?
And there is a small bug when using this in Opera: when you klick on hide the options and then click again to show them, they are shown but the text field for the reply disappears. If you hide the whole quick reply and unhide it again it is back there.

chemfork

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:01 am

CentralClubs wrote:mehdi2224
Thanks dear Mehdi :D
But i dont have any problem with buttons, my problem with smilies!!
you are using acvanced bbcodebox and this is working nice with prime, but i am using HE
Now i fixed my problem with Prime and HE
Have Nice Time!
Maybe eventually, but I don't have an plans to do it anytime soon. Too much other stuff to do.
IPB_Refugee wrote:A feature request: Would it be very difficult to not only store the "form status" in the cookie but also the status of "display subject", "display BBCodes" and "display smilies"? This would make your MOD even more customizable and user-friendly. :)
It's probably something I will add at a future date, though I'm not sure when.
chemfork wrote:Hi!
Very nice mod! Just two things:
the language file for German, should it go to the "de" folder instead of "du"?
And there is a small bug when using this in Opera: when you klick on hide the options and then click again to show them, they are shown but the text field for the reply disappears. If you hide the whole quick reply and unhide it again it is back there.

chemfork
Yes, I fixed the folder name. Thanks. About the Opera bug, I have not been able to recreate it using the latest Opera (v9.27) on Windows XP.
Ken F. Innes IV

opoqol5

Post by opoqol5 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Also wondering, haven't been able to test it out if it does work correctly with Enable Post Review option?
Does it work? When I'm writing a message and if somebody else has wrote a message while I was witting mine am I correctly notified like in case with post reply function? Thanks

vellatechie

Post by vellatechie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:29 pm

is this mod stable enough to be installed in live forum??

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:39 pm

opoqol5 wrote:Also wondering, haven't been able to test it out if it does work correctly with Enable Post Review option?
Does it work? When I'm writing a message and if somebody else has wrote a message while I was witting mine am I correctly notified like in case with post reply function? Thanks
I have not tested it out either but I believe it should.
vellatechie wrote:is this mod stable enough to be installed in live forum??
I believe it is.
Ken F. Innes IV

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”