[RC] Easy RSS Atom mod for phpBB3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
rwap01

Re: [BETA] Easy RSS Atom mod for phpBB3

Post by rwap01 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:13 pm

polov wrote:I have put this fix into code already.
It was not there when I downloaded it earlier today - the original version of the fix was in the code and that did not work on my board - (original version appears at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p5478295)

The corrected version of this appears at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p5482155

rwap01

Post by rwap01 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:44 pm

Hmm - not sure what has happened - after seeing the first lot of posts, I am not getting subsequent posts added to the RSS feed - have I messed something up?

Inky

Post by Inky » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:09 pm

So is the download the latest version with all the updates?

dicks

Post by dicks » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:39 am

I installed the latest build and the RSS feed broke. Went back to previous one and worked again. Not sure what went wrong...

DickS

polov

Post by polov » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:00 am

In what meaning it has benn broken? Is there some error message?

cz777cooper

Post by cz777cooper » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:53 pm

Same MySQLi problem:
Všeobecná chyba
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Va-B�e syntaxe je n�jak� divn� bl-B�zko '= 0 ORDER BY post_time DESC LIMIT 50' na ��dku 1 [1064]

Objevila se SQL chyba při generování této stránky.
my test feed is on: http://lota.regionaliste.cz/rss.php - phpBB 3.0.2 and mod ver. 2008-05-30

polov

Re: [RC] Easy RSS Atom mod for phpBB3

Post by polov » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:21 pm

Try now...

future318

Post by future318 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:50 am

Thanks for this. I've had users clamoring for an RSS feed since the upgrade to phpBB3.

cz777cooper

Post by cz777cooper » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:39 pm

Why are variables $forumLink, $rssManagingEditorEmail, $rssWebmasterEmail, $rssChannelIcon, $template->assign_var('U_LINK_SELF', "L_GENERATOR" non variable, if you can obtain it form board DB?
And, thanks for mod.

(U_LINK_SELF because i need rename / relocate feed link to FeedBurner and "hide it = secure it")

phpbb.it

Post by phpbb.it » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:50 pm

Error smilies

Code: Select all

description should not contain relative URL references: ./images/smilies/icon_smile.gif 
phpbb italian support phpbb.it
italian models passionelotto.com

AllCity
Name: Andrey Shapoval

Post by AllCity » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:36 pm

Bug

Add its in post

<cente> Test </center>
And in rss i si Test not <cente> Test </center> :(
My mods home page.

hugepixels

Post by hugepixels » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:01 am

hi polov,

i'm interested with your RSS but i'm also new with phpBB.
i want to ask how to install the RSS in my forum, i cannot see this on the zip files.

please advise

thanks

^[GS]^

Post by ^[GS]^ » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:12 pm

sometimes showed me the list and sometimes not, but the source code is everything.
and I do not sample all forums, only works by specifying a forum.
Not that will be, but they notice.

Thank you

topaz1968

Post by topaz1968 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:40 pm

I have installed your rss solution on our companies phpBB forum, which is located on our intranet. The forum is only to be accessed by the software development team, so there is likely to be alot of quoting of code going on. With the first post that contained code, (in code section quotes), the rss feed has broken. We are gettting an error that for that forum there is an error parsing the feed.

If you view the rss.php page there appears to be no content, however if you view source on the page all the posts are there. Saving this source code and looking at it quickly it appears that the post content is somehow not being properly quoted. Here is the tag that Conglomerate points out as the problem (less names to protect privacy), saying that Entity 'nbsp' is not defined (therefore making me think this is a quoting issue):

<description>Author: bleeped<br />
Post subject: .bashrc on integration boxes<br />
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 am<br />
<br /><span class="postbody">
The .bashrc file will probably not exist on a newly imaged integration box.  That's kind of just how Slackware works.<br />But you can still create it to add useful short cuts.  Just edit/create  /home/sampson/.bashrc to contain the following:<br /><br /><dl class="codebox"><dt>Code: <a href="#" onclick="selectCode(this); return false;">Select all</a></dt><dd><code><br /># binds ll to ls -lhx, a human readable long directory listing sorted by file extension<br />alias ll='ls -lhX'<br /><br /># lets you type mysql, mysqldump, etc. instead of /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql*<br />export PATH=/usr/local/mysql/bin:$PATH<br /></code></dd></dl><br /><br />This command will read .bashrc into your current session:<br /><dl class="codebox"><dt>Code: <a href="#" onclick="selectCode(this); return false;">Select all</a></dt><dd><code><br />source ~/.bashrc<br /></code></dd></dl><br /><br />In order to get .bashrc read when you log in, you will need a few extra steps than you would on Ubuntus/Fedoras/etc..<br /><br />Create .bash_profile in /home/sampson that contains this:<br /><br /><dl class="codebox"><dt>Code: <a href="#" onclick="selectCode(this); return false;">Select all</a></dt><dd><code><br />if &#91; -f ~/.bashrc &#93;; then<br />&nbsp; &nbsp;. ~/.bashrc<br />fi<br /></code></dd></dl><br /><br />You can also add any other commands you would like to see when you login.  I usually put 'uptime' in there.</span><br />
</description>
Please let me know if you need more, I have saved this file. I would love to take the time to dig into this more myself, but deadlines approach for other issues. Thank you.

polov

Post by polov » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:36 pm

I fixed nbsp (hopefuly)...

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”