[ALPHA] Dropdown Nav 2.0.0 (9/29/2008)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Silverdown

[ALPHA] Dropdown Nav 2.0.0 (9/29/2008)

Post by Silverdown »

[MOD Title]: Dropdown Nav
[MOD Description]
  • A navigation area with drop down menus
[MOD Versions]
All other version NOT supported & should be uninstalled
[Install time]: 2-5 minutes
[Styles Supported] :
  • Prosilver (Supporting)
  • Subsilver2 (Supporting)
  • SubMerged (Working On Supporting)ON HOLD
[PHPBB Version]
  • 3.0.X
[MOD Downloads]
  • Removed for updating when 3.1 is released! (10/21/2014)
[Demo Board]: Unavailable at the moment
[Bugtracker]: Unavailable at the moment
Working
[Snapshots]:
Note: Some links in screenshots are mods installed on my board, which do not come with Dropdown Nav! See General>FAQ>Installed Modifications on my board to see installed Mods.
Prosilver
2.0.0 Subsilver2
2.0.0 [Total Downloads]: [91]
[Versions]:
  • 2.0.0 [38] (as of May 14 2008)
  • 2.0.0 [09] XSL was bag
  • 2.0.0 [05] Forgot XSL file
  • Not Supported Anymore
  • 1.0.3 [13]
  • 1.0.3 [03] Prosilver Only Pack
  • 1.0.2 [20]
  • 1.0.1 [10]
  • 1.0.0 [10]
This is my first modification, I hope it can be use by users. I know it's simple , it's my first mod what do you expect :mrgreen:
Last edited by Silverdown on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Silverdown

Re: [RC1] Dropdown Nav

Post by Silverdown »

Just putting it back to page 1 from page 3 also added more info to first post.
My Extentions: None
PHPBB Fan since: 2.0.6 Version Using: phpBB 3.2.3
Dev Version Using: phpBB 3.2.3
jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

Silverdown, this looks pretty clever, I would like to have something to clear up the amount of links on my navigation bar.
What about, Members, Search and User Control Panel, will those show?
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve
Silverdown

Post by Silverdown »

jimcarrel wrote:Silverdown, this looks pretty clever, I would like to have something to clear up the amount of links on my navigation bar.
What about, Members, Search and User Control Panel, will those show?
Yes,
The links that members would only need/use shows upon a successful login ( See the 2 images in first post for both logged in and not logged in view). I also repackaged it , because I had not added the Search link in the board links drop down before. The download link is new and the old is no longer valid.
jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

thanks for the reply, I believe I will try this out. Will drop a note once I have added it.
jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

I like this, I think I will continue to use it. I made a few adjustments to fit my style.
I really, really like your mod, makes things more streamlined.
Thanks a lot.
Silverdown

Post by Silverdown »

jimcarrel wrote:I like this, I think I will continue to use it. I made a few adjustments to fit my style.
I really, really like your mod, makes things more streamlined.
Thanks a lot.
I am glad you like it! :D
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

I also like this one, it clears the links in my menu a bit :) Will install it this evening. :)

Nic
Silverdown

Re: [RC1] Dropdown Nav 1.0.2 (3/1/08)

Post by Silverdown »

Updated ! :geek:
Silverdown

Post by Silverdown »

Putting it back to first page since it been inactive for a while
Silverdown

Post by Silverdown »

This is not abandoned, just posting since it's been awhile & update coming soon!
Silverdown

Re: [RC1] Dropdown Nav 1.0.3 (3/29/08)

Post by Silverdown »

I have updated Prosilver design (see screen shots in first post), Subsilver should be out soon. Submerged style is almost done. I haven't had the time to look at the style or fit in Dropdown Nav. Again thanks for the 39 who have downloaded (unless you downloaded more than once :lol: ) my modification. This mod is not abandoned ,just all of a sudden my life got busy :roll: . Well have fun and hope you enjoy my the redesign.

Prosilver version is now 1.0.3
Versions 1.0.2 are still available & will always be available since they are 2 different designes.

March 30 2008 | 12:07 AM EST

Subsilver2 update is now available in the new package download for 1.0.3.
I also cleaned up the first post
*Capmaster*

Re: [RC] Dropdown Nav 1.0.3 (3/29/08)

Post by *Capmaster* »

I had hopes I could use this mod, but no luck. The instructions contain a huge "Find .....Replace with" for overall_header.html in the navlinks.

I already have a heavily modded board and I always get nervous when I see "Replace With" instructions. It's similar to using a pre-modded file. Great for a vanilla installation, but not so good for a modded board.

I have a lot of <-- IF ... and <--END IF --> conditions in the navlinks, and it generated errors when I tried to combine your instructions with my existing code. What makes it dicier is the fact your mod adds a <table> / </table> to the whole mess.

Good idea, though, and the dropdown nav is a great approach 8-)
Silverdown

Post by Silverdown »

*Capmaster* wrote:I had hopes I could use this mod, but no luck. The instructions contain a huge "Find .....Replace with" for overall_header.html in the navlinks.

I already have a heavily modded board and I always get nervous when I see "Replace With" instructions. It's similar to using a pre-modded file. Great for a vanilla installation, but not so good for a modded board.

I have a lot of <-- IF ... and <--END IF --> conditions in the navlinks, and it generated errors when I tried to combine your instructions with my existing code. What makes it dicier is the fact your mod adds a <table> / </table> to the whole mess.

Good idea, though, and the dropdown nav is a great approach 8-)
If you want I could take a look at your overall_header.html file and try to add this for you or you can just provide your navlinks area.
*Capmaster*

Post by *Capmaster* »

Thanks, silverdown. That's awfully nice of you. But I wouldn't ask you to do that. It's a lot of work. I have four styles, each with unique overall_header layouts for the nav. Two are prosilver-based and two are subsilver2-based.

Here's an example - the eTech Green style (subsilver2-based) nav section of overall_header.html:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not $S_IN_PORTAL or not S_DISPLAY_MAINMENU -->
<tr>
	<td class="navrow">
		<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
			<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><a href="{U_PROFILE}">{L_PROFILE}</a> &#8226; <!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
				<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_PM --><a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO}</a> &#8226; <!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- ELSE --><a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a> &#8226; <!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS --><a href="{U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}">{L_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}</a> &#8226; <!-- ENDIF -->
		<a href="http://convopit.org/forum3/rules.php"> Rules </a> &#8226
		<a href="http://convopit.org/forum3/class.php"> Class Photo </a> &#8226
		<a href="{U_FAQ}">{L_FAQ}</a>
		<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH --> &#8226; <a href="{U_SEARCH}">{L_SEARCH}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
			<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --> &#8226; <a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}">{L_MEMBERLIST}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --> &#8226; <a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
	</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td id="contentrow">

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT && not $CA_SKIP_PM_NOTIFY && S_USER_LOGGED_IN && S_DISPLAY_PM -->
	<!-- IF S_USER_NEW_PRIVMSG -->
		<div class="pm-notify-new"><div class="pm-notify-header">{L_PRIVATE_MESSAGES}</div><a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO}<!-- IF PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO_UNREAD -->, {PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO_UNREAD}<!-- ENDIF --></a></div>
	<!-- ELSEIF S_USER_UNREAD_PRIVMSG -->
		<div class="pm-notify-unread"><div class="pm-notify-header">{L_PRIVATE_MESSAGES}</div><a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO}<!-- IF PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO_UNREAD -->, {PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO_UNREAD}<!-- ENDIF --></a></div>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->  

<!-- IF S_BOARD_DISABLED and S_USER_LOGGED_IN and (U_MCP or U_ACP) -->
	<div class="pm-notify-new"><div class="pm-notify-header">{L_INFORMATION}</div>{L_BOARD_DISABLED}</div>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- INCLUDE announcement_centre.html -->
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
	<td class="gensmall"><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->{LAST_VISIT_DATE}<!-- ELSEIF not AUTO_REFRESH --><form method="post" action="{S_LOGIN_ANYWHERE}"><span class="genmed">{L_USERNAME}:</span> <input tabindex="100" class="post" type="text" name="username" size="10" />&nbsp; <span class="genmed">{L_PASSWORD}:</span> <input tabindex="101" class="post" type="password" name="password" size="10" />&nbsp; <!-- IF S_AUTOLOGIN_ENABLED --> <input tabindex="102" type="checkbox" class="radio" name="autologin" /> <span class="gensmall">{L_PRIME_REMEMBER_ME}</span><!-- ENDIF -->&nbsp; <input tabindex="103" type="submit" class="btnmain" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" /></form><!-- ENDIF --></td>
	<td class="gensmall" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}">{CURRENT_TIME}<br /></td>
</tr>
</table>
<!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH -->
	<p class="searchbar">
		<span style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN};"><a href="{U_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}">{L_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}</a> | <a href="{U_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}">{L_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}</a></span>
		<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
		<span style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_END};"><a href="{U_SEARCH_NEW}">{L_SEARCH_NEW}({NEW_POST_COUNT})</a><!-- IF S_INC_UNREAD_LINK --><!-- IF S_EXISTS_UNREADS --> | <a href="{U_SEARCH_UNREAD}">{L_VIEW_UNREADS}</a><!-- ELSE --> | <a href="{U_SEARCH_UNREAD}">{L_NO_UNREADS}</a><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF --> | <a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}">{L_SEARCH_SELF}</a></span>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
	</p>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
<div id="wrapfooter">
	<!-- IF U_ACP --><span class="gensmall"><strong>[ <a href="{U_ACP}">{L_ACP}</a> ]</strong></span><!-- ENDIF --></div>
	<br style="clear: both;" />

<!-- INCLUDE breadcrumbs.html -->

<!-- ENDIF -->
and Odyssey, a prosilver-based style:

Code: Select all

<div class="navbar">
			<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

<ul class="linklist navlinks">
				<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_PORTAL}">{L_PORTAL}</a> &#187;<a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>&#8249;</strong> <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --></li>

<!--<li class="rightside"><a href="#" onclick="fontsizeup(); return false;" class="fontsize" title="{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}">{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}</a></li>-->

<!-- IF U_EMAIL_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_TOPIC}" title="{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_EMAIL_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_PM}" title="{L_EMAIL_PM}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_TOPIC}" title="{L_PRINT_TOPIC}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_PM}" title="{L_PRINT_PM}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
			</ul>
<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT and S_LOGIN_ANYWHERE and not AUTO_REFRESH --> 
<form method="post" action="{S_LOGIN_ANYWHERE}" style="float:left;position:relative;"> 
	<fieldset class="quick-login" style="float:left;position:relative;white-space:nowrap"> 
		<label for="prime_login_username">{L_USERNAME}:</label>&nbsp;<input tabindex="100" type="text" name="username" id="prime_login_username" size="10" class="inputbox" style="min-width:100px" title="{L_USERNAME}" /> 
		<label for="prime_login_password">{L_PASSWORD}:</label>&nbsp;<input tabindex="101" type="password" name="password" id="prime_login_password" size="10" class="inputbox" title="{L_PASSWORD}" /> 
		<!-- IF S_AUTOLOGIN_ENABLED --><label for="prime_login_autologin"><input tabindex="102" type="checkbox" name="autologin" id="prime_login_autologin" /> {L_PRIME_REMEMBER_ME}</label><!-- ENDIF --> 
		<input tabindex="103" type="submit" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" class="button2" /> 
	</fieldset> 
</form> 
<!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
			<ul class="linklist leftside">
				<li class="icon-ucp">
					<a href="{U_PROFILE}" title="{L_PROFILE}" accesskey="u">{L_PROFILE}</a>
						<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_PM --> (<a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO}</a>)<!-- ENDIF --> &bull; 
					<a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}">{L_SEARCH_SELF}</a>
					<!-- IF U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS --> &bull;
					<a href="{U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}">{L_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}</a>
					<!-- ENDIF -->
				</li>
			</ul>
			<!-- ENDIF -->

<ul class="linklist rightside">
				<li class="icon-faq"><a href="http://convopit.org/forum3/rules.php"> Rules </a></li>
				<li class="icon-members"><a href="http://convopit.org/forum3/class.php"> Class Photo </a></li>
				<li class="icon-faq"><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}">{L_FAQ}</a></li>
                                        <li><a href="./search.php" class="icon-search">Search</a>&nbsp;</li> 
				<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
					<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --><li class="icon-members"><a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" title="{L_MEMBERLIST_EXPLAIN}">{L_MEMBERLIST}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><li class="icon-register"><a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<li class="icon-logout"><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" title="{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" accesskey="l">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a></li>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
			</ul>

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
		</div>
<!-- ENDIF -->

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”