[Alpha] Troll MOD (Alpha 2)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Re: [Alpha] Troll MOD (Alpha 2)

Post by igorw »

mtrs wrote:evil<3, I have a suggestion. When I send PM to someone, and despite visiting the board if folks don't click PM boxes, messages stays in outbox for a long time. There are reasons for that, bu I find that really annoying.
I wonder if it is possible to treat troll PMs intentionally stay in outbox longer, that way troll would feel ignored since sent pms would be read later because of that intended random delay.. ;)
I like the idea, but it's imo a bit too complex to add. I want to try and keep the MOD a bit simpler.
jmjm003 wrote:On my test board I updated to 3.0.2 . Would this have anything to do with a troll still being able to post topics and send emails when they are set no to be allowed?
Should not be possible. Are you saying it isn't working correctly with 3.0.2?
Ciao121 wrote:I think that the "virus mode" of this MOD is really a good feature and can be used for many things.
It would be useful to have different way to troll users; ie:
1) user1 (and all his clones) cannot write messages
2) user 2 (and all his clones) cannot write messages and will randomly logout
3) user 3 (and all his colnes) ahs only the sleep "trouble"
... and so on

Another good thing would be to have track of all user's clones so that the admin can know that user34, user 30 and user 20 are using the same pc (adn 99% they are clones).

There are a lot of features that can be added... very very nice :)
I really like the idea, but again i'm not sure if i want to make the mod that complex. I'll have a think about adding support for more per-troll settings. Thanks for sharing your ideas ;).
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

eviL<3 wrote:
jmjm003 wrote:On my test board I updated to 3.0.2 . Would this have anything to do with a troll still being able to post topics and send emails when they are set no to be allowed?
Should not be possible. Are you saying it isn't working correctly with 3.0.2?
In my testing, I've been able to post topics and send PM's while trolled.

I'll setup a clean install of 3.0.2 and test it. I have this issue on my modded forum that I did a test upgrade to 3.0.2 . Might not be an issue on a clean install.
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

You need to go to the ACP and set it so posting and PMs are not possible. By default, they are. I might change the default of that though. ;)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

I just wanted to say a HUGE THANKS to all you guys who have been helping with testing and making suggestions for the MOD - you're awesome! :mrgreen: 8-)
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

eviL<3 wrote:You need to go to the ACP and set it so posting and PMs are not possible. By default, they are. I might change the default of that though. ;)
For your last post, you're very welcome!
You do all the hard work. Then depend on us to give you valid info to work with.

As far as the ACP goes. Did that a few times. Even tried to get 1 second to stick. If it helps, when I click submit after changing it to 1 second. The page never changes. By that, it never goes to the next page and gives you the option to return to the previous page. Doing 2 or 3 seconds and it seems to work fine.

EDIT: Tested on a clean install of 3.0.2. I'm unable to post and cannot send PMs. Looks as if I have an issue on my modded forum that's allowing it to happen. That's why it's on my test forum... :D
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

I'm aware of the problem with the seconds. The question however is if you enabled the settings for not allowing PMs and posts.
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

Yes it's enabled on my modded forum, but it doesn't stop PMs or Topics. I must have a conflict or something wrong.
I'll remove and then re-install the troll mod. I'm certain it was working before the upgrade.

On the clean install of 3.0.2, it works just fine. So the problem is not the troll mod.

Thank you.
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

Okay, then i suggest you have a look at posting.php, an edit may have been removed from there.
updown

Post by updown »

I have a little issue in combination with another MOD

"View or mark unread posts" http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=788695

When using "Mark PM as New", in the confirmation-screen (trigger-message "PM marked as new") the following troll-debug-header emerge:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_troll.php on line 21: Constant TROLLS_TABLE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_troll.php on line 22: Constant TROLL_ACTIONS_TABLE already defined
It doesn't depend on the board-version, it is in 3.0.1 and also in 3.0.2.

Do you have a solution for this, since this doesn't look very well :P
updown

Post by updown »

I did a fast patch by if-defined-clauses:

<?php
/**
* @package phpBB3
* @version $Id: constants_troll.php 121 2008-06-20 19:42:08Z evil3 $
* @copyright (c) 2008 evil3
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
*/

/**
* @ignore
*/
if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
	exit;
}

global $table_prefix;

if (!defined('TROLLS_TABLE'))
{
	define('TROLLS_TABLE',				$table_prefix . 'trolls');
}

if (!defined('TROLL_ACTIONS_TABLE'))
{
	define('TROLL_ACTIONS_TABLE',		$table_prefix . 'troll_actions');
}

?>
so, while that's only a symptomatic fix, the real reason why this happens is still open ;-)
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

eviL<3 wrote:Okay, then i suggest you have a look at posting.php, an edit may have been removed from there.
Got it taken care of. I've run through another test upgrade of my 3.0.1 forum to 3.0.2. I then installed the troll mod and it works fine. Test account cannot post topics or send PMs.

Now I have a suggestion. Could be useless with whats in place at the moment.
If we can keep trolls from posting and sending PMs by identifying the page they are on. Can we also have an option to keep them from creating new accounts? Along the lines of allowing them on the registration page to create a new account and not actually create the account. Or even give them a registration is closed page. Very similar to what you do now with the other board options.

Thanks Evil
Desdenova

Post by Desdenova »

jmjm003 wrote:Can we also have an option to keep them from creating new accounts? Along the lines of allowing them on the registration page to create a new account and not actually create the account. Or even give them a registration is closed page. Very similar to what you do now with the other board options.
That's actually an ingenious idea, I think it would be a great idea for within the Troll MOD. :)

+1 supporter
Jaga

Post by Jaga »

Desdenova wrote:
jmjm003 wrote:Can we also have an option to keep them from creating new accounts? Along the lines of allowing them on the registration page to create a new account and not actually create the account. Or even give them a registration is closed page. Very similar to what you do now with the other board options.
That's actually an ingenious idea, I think it would be a great idea for within the Troll MOD. :)

+1 supporter
I agree, but it would require that Troll Cookies be turned on to do this.
Darthmat

Post by Darthmat »

Suggestion: You have the language set as 'seconds'. Change that to chances. Or something.

ED: If anyone wants to do that, go to language>acp>troll.php and look for

'SECONDS'						=>
Next to that, you should see 'seconds'. Change it whatever you want. (I changed it to odds.)
I also went to

'TROLL_CHANCE'					=> 
and put in 'Troll odds' instead of 'Troll chances'.
Last edited by Darthmat on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forke

Post by Forke »

I've installed the mod on a 3.0.0 board and it works great.

But when it is enabled, some users report that the forum logs them out continuously. These users are not marked as trolls, but they experience this issue. When I disable de mod, the problems go away. The logout is the only thing that affects non-trolled users.

Any clues? :|
My first validated mod!
Adaptive Quick Search

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”