[MODDB] User Reminder

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
J.P.

Re: [RC1] User Reminder

Post by J.P. »

When can i use this great mod on my live forum?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

J.P. wrote:When can i use this great mod on my live forum?
its a RC so I would say you could use it already. there is a few minor things i need to do but it is working as is ;)
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
J.P.

Post by J.P. »

Ok thanks i will install it on my other forum.
satandream

Post by satandream »

How can i edit so when a user gets inactive it shows how many days he have been inactive.I have set it to 180 days .So i would like to include how many days he has been inactive in the first e-mail,not the second
OldSkul

Post by OldSkul »

great mod, thanks!
cyb0rg

Post by cyb0rg »

wtf, i installed it fine, then sent reminders, then when I sent my last batch of reminders to not logged in i got this error on my server
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forums/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at fraggit.com Port 80
whats happened?

permissions are fine
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

cyb0rg wrote:wtf, i installed it fine, then sent reminders, then when I sent my last batch of reminders to not logged in i got this error on my server
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forums/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at fraggit.com Port 80
whats happened?

permissions are fine
pse check with your host, i have my doubts that this was caused by my mod.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
cyb0rg

Post by cyb0rg »

Thanks for your quick response, quite worried to what has actually happened.

I have opened up a support ticket with my host anyhow.

Could it maybe because I sent soo many reminders in such a short period? Could it be a way of stopping spam sites?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

cyb0rg wrote:Thanks for your quick response, quite worried to what has actually happened.

I have opened up a support ticket with my host anyhow.

Could it maybe because I sent soo many reminders in such a short period? Could it be a way of stopping spam sites?
i am not sure but your host should be able to tell you what happened exactly, my host just does not send more than x emails per hour, it sure does not 'shutdown' the site.
lefty74
cyb0rg

Post by cyb0rg »

Yep heres their confirming email.
Your particular domain is suspended or blocked by our support admins for creating load on server . So we have disable fraggit.com for 24 hours .

Here are logs for activity

Sample of the first 10 emails:

blah blah lots of random code

This script or fourm will enabled after 24 hours later.
Please feel free to contact us back in case of any other information.
Maybe you should make this aware in your install file that some hosts may block or prevent this kind of script.

I really wanted to use this, but looks like I'm now going to have to uninstall it :(

Nice mod all the same though.

cyborg
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

geez, a bit drastic. how many emails did you send?
whats the limit per hour by your host?

anyway, if i am not mistaken you can adjust the number of emails sent in one go via the ACP.
lefty74
cyb0rg

Post by cyb0rg »

I know I know, but I guess its spam prevention. I must of sent 80+ in about 1min. Now then..

I've just found out I can not send no more than 300 emails and hour and no more than 5 a minute, is there a way I could configure this mod to follow these rules?

Thanks
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

this mod puts the emails in the email queue, like the reply notifications, pm's etc. i am not sure if you can configure via the acp to send max 5 a minute. that would be a question for the support forum i think ;)

the biggest batch of emails would be the very first time anyway i think, after that i would not think it would be too much of a problem.

alternatively, you could set everything to manual and then send the reminders manually (5 at a time) to those who would have normally received one automatically.
lefty74
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

What i put here?

Tks
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Lisbon wrote:What i put here?

Tks
have a look in language/en/mods/acp_user_reminder.php
lefty74

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”