[RC2]RSS Feed

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
XxXYonIXxX

Re: [RC1]RSS Feed

Post by XxXYonIXxX »

thhxx!!
its so easy!
good work :)
adamtyler

Post by adamtyler »

Hi, nice mod and good work.

A quick question is there anyway to limit which forums the rss feed will collect the latest topics from. i.e. just the news thread instead of the whole board?

Adam
adamtyler

Post by adamtyler »

Don't worry about it I have manged to write an extra bit SQL to limit the forum range.

Thanks again for a great app
karlake

Post by karlake »

I get this:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mssql_odbc ]

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ORDER BY items must appear in the select list if SELECT DISTINCT is specified. [37000]

SQL

SELECT distinct(p.topic_id) , p.forum_id, p.post_time, p.post_subject, p.post_text, p.bbcode_bitfield, p.bbcode_uid, u.user_id, u.user_email, u.username, u.user_posts, u.user_rank, u.user_colour, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_allow_viewemail, t.topic_title, f.left_id, f.right_id, t.topic_replies as aantal_posts FROM phpbb_posts p JOIN phpbb_users u on p.poster_id = u.user_id JOIN phpbb_topics t on p.topic_id = t.topic_id JOIN phpbb_forums f on p.forum_id = f.forum_id ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_time DESC

BACKTRACE
Any suggestions? Thanks!
Jarode

Post by Jarode »

I have tested this MOD thanks to the demo forum of the autor and my forum.

This MOD only works if you are conected to the forum, if it isn't the case RSS feed doesn't display new topics or new posts.
Using firefox and this website http://reader.feedshow.com, doesn't display new subject or new post if not connected to the forum.

;)
My english is Developement Quality, sorry
MyrmecoFourmis.com : Fourmis
joeroberts

Post by joeroberts »

Jarode wrote:This MOD only works if you are conected to the forum, if it isn't the case RSS feed doesn't display new topics or new posts.
this mod works in conjunction with the forum it has to be in the root directory of the forum. The same holds true to the showing new topics if your not logged in to your forum the topics well not show as new and in some readers it depends on what browser they are based on as to showing new topics and what browser you use by default. (Point Feedreeder uses IE for its browser base and I use Firefox so in my reeder post dont show as new.) If I follow you right. same holds true for private topics and posts if you have to login to see them then you well not see them in the same case with me I would have to login with IE for my reeder to show me new private posts.
I do know that google well read the simple rss feed yahoo well read simple and advanced feedreeder 3.12 reads simple and advance IE reads simple and advanced FF reads simple and advanced and OPera reads simple and advanced.
Muad''Dib

Post by Muad''Dib »

So far this mod seems to work great for me ... i have a few questions however...

Im assuming its by design for the feed to only be updated when a new topic is created.. is this correct?

If so, how could i get it to update when replies to previous topics have also been made?

Thanks for your time.
joeroberts

Post by joeroberts »

find

GROUP BY topic_id
            ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_time DESC
and change it to

GROUP BY post_id
            ORDER BY p.post_time DESC
now it well show last post's first
drankur

Post by drankur »

can i use the feed generated by this mod to be burned by feedburner.com
joeroberts

Post by joeroberts »

drankur wrote:can i use the feed generated by this mod to be burned by feedburner.com
thanks for the link and yes you can as long as your forum is open for reading and search you can use both standard and advanced feeds this is advanced
proterra

Post by proterra »

Sorry for asking twice:

joeroberts wrote:

proterra wrote:Thank you for this tool.
It´s wonderful without core-code editing. I integrate it over "fee2js" in my board footer, because I use it only to link the last topic without description.

One question: How can I show more than 10 items? Now the feed shows 11, I don´t know where I can change this. Thanks

it works by how many topic posts are shown on your forum you can always change this by changing you board preferences with out changing the coding

I didn´t understand it.

In my board there are shown 15 threads before going to next site. In my feed I see 11 topics.
How can I show more than 11 items?
joeroberts

Post by joeroberts »

change

$topic_count = $config['posts_per_page']; // Change in the number of topics you want to show.
JirkaX

Post by JirkaX »

Hi, I have question regarding displayed names of topics/posts - every topic or post have "Post()" at the end of name - see below. Is that normal?

joeroberts

Post by joeroberts »

that would be no What are you useing to view this?
JirkaX

Post by JirkaX »

I tried IE7 and also FF3.0b5 and it happends in both browsers.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”