[RC2]RSS Feed

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
JirkaX

Re: [RC1]RSS Feed

Post by JirkaX »

Hi, is it possible to exclude somehow inserted images (by img tag) or attachements which are in the posts?
joeroberts

Post by joeroberts »

you change {your formid}?

Code: Select all

FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " p JOIN " . USERS_TABLE . " u on p.poster_id = u.user_id JOIN " . TOPICS_TABLE . " t on p.topic_id = t.topic_id JOIN ". FORUMS_TABLE ." f on p.forum_id = f.forum_id
AND f.forum_id = '1'
like so
JirkaX

Post by JirkaX »

sorry, I don't understand your instructions. I don't want to have images or attachements in RSS feed, what should I do?
joeroberts

Post by joeroberts »

JirkaX wrote:Hi, is it possible to exclude somehow inserted images (by img tag) or attachements which are in the posts?
no you would have to do that in the forum
Survival Bill

Post by Survival Bill »

Last edited by Survival Bill on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joeroberts

Post by joeroberts »

Survival Bill wrote:thier is no <html> in my overall header to put it under as per instructions on first post so now what do I do?

I am getting this what did I do wrong?

Internet Explorer cannot display this feed
Um What? every page generated on the internet that is not xml has a <html>
are you looking in styles/yourstyle/template/overall_header.html
looks like

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="{S_CONTENT_DIRECTION}" lang="{S_USER_LANG}" xml:lang="{S_USER_LANG}">
<head>
bacon tacon

Post by bacon tacon »

Thanks for the very useful mod.
At present the link does not go to the most recent post in the topic.
How could I make it do that?
Survival Bill

Post by Survival Bill »

Last edited by Survival Bill on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Survival Bill

Post by Survival Bill »

Survival Bill

Post by Survival Bill »

this is the error im getting now I have been working on it Im trying I see others got it working so it should work for me! ya right LOL....

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /phpBB3/forumrss.php on line 2

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /phpBB3/forumrss.php on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /phpBB3/forumrss.php on line 2

this is line 2 so whats wrong with it? am I supposed to change anything here?

$phpbb_root_path = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './';
joeroberts

Post by joeroberts »

Survival Bill you have a blank line on the top of your page or a space in front of <?php
and it does work in ie reader just fine!
what style are you using? can you post a copy of your overall_header.php so I can see it?
try between <head> and </head>
blaze86vic

Post by blaze86vic »

Hello, and thanks for the code! I have installed this and the advanced version but had limited success with both. When I follow the RSS link it works fine, I see a list of threads and get to decide where I want to add the feed to....but I always says "temporarily unavailable".

Here is the simple version one I have setup,
http://www.1stgencelica.com/forum/forumrss.php

Now the forum I am working on has the entire forum setup so that you have to be logged in to see all the forums except the "Introduction Room" I am thinking this is limiting the visibility when it's off the domain, and that is why I can see them when I am on the forumrss.php page, and then don't when it's on Google home page.

I'm pretty new to this stuff, and only have self taught information and in limited quantity when it comes to code in pretty much any form. Any help of opinions on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Johnnie
joeroberts

Post by joeroberts »

have you made changes to your forum sence this post because it showed up in yahoo,google,feedreader and firefox feedreader for me
drankur

Post by drankur »

excellent mod altough i havent tried it but i am eagerly waiting for its gold release .............. so simple to install, it can't be easy than this :)
blaze86vic

Post by blaze86vic »

joeroberts wrote:have you made changes to your forum sence this post because it showed up in yahoo,google,feedreader and firefox feedreader for me
Actually I didn't and it's has confirmed my thoughts, only posts from the introduction section are showing up. How might I go about setting it up to be able to display those in the rest of the forum?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”