[BETA] BartVB SiteMap Generator
Things I've changed:
- Permissions are taken into account to decide what forums/topics to put in the sitemap
- Sitemap generation code has been simplified
- It's able to handle large amounts of topics (approx 1M on my board in under a minute)
- Use proper <lastmod> in sitemap index
- Use proper <lastmod> in sitemaps
- Support for a 'sitemap' directory to avoid annoying permission problems
- Config variables all start with 'sitemap_' to avoid clashes with other mods/phpBB updates
These config values are used:
sitemap_seo_mod - (boolean) Not using this seo mod myself, no idea if I broke something.
sitemap_gzip - (boolean)
sitemap_ping - (boolean) ping Google?
sitemap_show_stats - (boolean) probably broken in my version Not using the stats
sitemap_bot_user - user_id of a bot user. I use this to calculate what forums are accessible
sitemap_directory - Directory (with trailing /) to use for the sitemaps
TODO (and I'm probably not going to do it )
- Fix the admin screen to account for the new config variables (most notably bot_user and directory)
- Take approval of topics into account
- Fix (or remove) the stats, counting the number of <loc> tokens in the files is not the way to go IMO
- Automate generating the sitemaps
- Create the config variables during installation time
This is an example of a generated index sitemap:
Google was able to parse all that without a hitch.
My version can be found at:
http://www.typo.nl/m isc/SiteMap_Generator_BartVB.tgz [edit: Replaced by new version below]
do with it what you want, I'm not going to give support to endusers or add features I don't need/want Everything works on my server with my settings, haven't tested beyond that.
Again; I have no intention of maintaining or supporting this mod! I have modified it for my own needs and I am contributing my modifications back to the community. I'm hoping that someone (Joshua2100 perhaps?) will integrate some or all of my changes in his mod.