[BETA2] Viewonline Map

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
cisco007
Translator

Re: [BETA]View Online Map

Post by cisco007 »

ok, i was just wondering, cause it looks cool! i thought there was some kind of beta release but couldn't find it, i guess there wasn't!

darkonia

Post by darkonia »

no the xml file is crap... :?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Wyr!H@x!mu$
Name: Cees-Jan

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

darkonia wrote:no the xml file is crap... :?
A new one is in the making. Since I stripped a lot of things from the mod to make it simpler it should be cleaner :).

DreamAct

Post by DreamAct »

Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:
A new one is in the making. Since I stripped a lot of things from the mod to make it simpler it should be cleaner :).
How long are we looking at. I really like this mod as it has potential. It would be nice if it has an option to show what member it is in what location. Like if i were to go over a dot, it shows the member.

Just a suggestion. Lets hope you can get it out of beta and released.

Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

DreamAct wrote:
Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:
How long are we looking at. I really like this mod as it has potential. It would be nice if it has an option to show what member it is in what location. Like if i were to go over a dot, it shows the member.

Just a suggestion. Lets hope you can get it out of beta and released.
The problem with that is that people still like their privacy and don't want everyone to know where they are supposedly located. For the current state of the project I want to get a BETA out today or tomorrow. Before reconsidering adding clickable balloons again.

EliteNODDY

Post by EliteNODDY »

is there any news on this mod??

this would fit in nice on my site

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:The problem with that is that people still like their privacy and don't want everyone to know where they are supposedly located. For the current state of the project I want to get a BETA out today or tomorrow. Before reconsidering adding clickable balloons again.
Absolutely, but moderators and administrators could/should have the permission to do so, since the grantable permission exists to view IP addresses in viewonline. I don't know how to code it, but I'm told it's very simple to add... :oops:

I'll fool around with it and see if I can package it as a mod. If so, I'll PM you. But I won't try to pronounce your name! :lol:
Muggins

Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

muggins wrote:
Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:The problem with that is that people still like their privacy and don't want everyone to know where they are supposedly located. For the current state of the project I want to get a BETA out today or tomorrow. Before reconsidering adding clickable balloons again.
Absolutely, but moderators and administrators could/should have the permission to do so, since the grantable permission exists to view IP addresses in viewonline. I don't know how to code it, but I'm told it's very simple to add... :oops:

I'll fool around with it and see if I can package it as a mod. If so, I'll PM you. But I won't try to pronounce your name! :lol:
Hmmm I'll tell you what I'll use the static map for users and switch to the V3 JS API for admins and mods with markers so they have the extra information. Pack it up release it here and put the code on github so you can fork it off :). And yes the Google Maps API is very simple ;).

Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

Ok so I have the extra code for the admins/mods done. Still need to work out a quirk. For some reason when trying to zoom in with markers on the map in chrome (it works fine in firefox).

muggins

Post by muggins »

Chrome is very peculiar when it comes to JS, I think.

My main forum has the AJAX Chat mod installed, which works fine across most common browsers, but toggling the autoscroll setting for the chat window has no affect in Chrome.

I'm not a good enough forensic programmer to even try. If I ever was. :lol:
Muggins

Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

Could be but switching from the default 3.4 to 3.3 Google Maps JS API solved it ;).

muggins

Post by muggins »

Slick! Thanks!
Muggins

Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

Only thing I have to do now is replace the default big red markers by the tiny blue ones used on the static map :).

muggins

Post by muggins »

I've had a little time to try your instructions, but I can't seem to even get an error. :| No map, nothing.

Of course I purged cache and all that. ;) I have an API key, made the DB change, smacked the wall a few times, nothing...

Maybe soon?
Muggins

Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

muggins wrote:I've had a little time to try your instructions, but I can't seem to even get an error. :| No map, nothing.

Of course I purged cache and all that. ;) I have an API key, made the DB change, smacked the wall a few times, nothing...

Maybe soon?
Packing the new version atm ;). It doesn't have a nice icon for the admins yet tho.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”