Mod description: allows you to add up to 3 special ranks for each member individually. These ranks are not linked to a usergroup. You can find the "multiple ranks linked to an usergroup here (this is not my mod, more info about it in its own topic)
PHPbb version: 3.01, 3.02, 3.03, 3.0.4, 3.0.5, 3.0.6, 3.0.7, 3.0.8, 3.0.9, 3.0.10, 3.0.11, 3.0.12
Mod version: 1.03 (thanks to Oyabun1 for the upgrade from 1.01 to 1.03)
1.0.1 MOD download here (in cas you prefer the original )Oyabun1 wrote:To save Goztow some time in responding to questions about the prosilver edits, why the MOD won't install with AutoMO, or about showing the extra ranks on the memberlist, I've made some updates, alterations and additions to the install files:
The UMIF wasn't really necessary, but for people unfamiliar with running SQL queries it makes installing and uninstalling easier. (When uninstalling the MOD, to removed the database changes, you just run the
- changed several parts in the MODX - now the MOD will install correctly using AutoMOD
- added display of multiple ranks to the memberlist (
- added the prosilver edits to the MODX file
- used Arty's code change for
acp_users.html(fixes a layout issue)
- converted some hard-coded strings into language variables and added them to the new language file
- added a UMIF (Unified MOD Install File) to do the database changes
- updated MOD version to 1.0.2
- updated MODX and stylesheet to 1.2.5
- maybe some other changes I don't remember
Tested with phpBB 3.0.10 and 3.0.11-RC1 and it seems to install and work fine.
As far as I can see, the MOD should now be able to pass MOD validation here.
New version. Fixed a few bugs in the previous version; made some code changes - thanks to javiexin; separated the subsilver2 edits.
There are no upgrade instructions from 1.0.0 or 1.0.3, so just uninstall the previous one and install this one (the
multiple_ranks_install.phpwill do an update from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 so there is no need to uninstall the database changes.)
It remains GPL2 so feel free the grab it, use it, modify it, or better yet - host it.
1.0.3 MOD download
## 24-05-2008 - version 0.91
## - Added multiple ranks to the profile view page
## 19-05-2008 - Version 0.9
## - First release for alpha testing
## 14-10-2008 - Version 1.0.0
## - RC1
## 30-12-2008 - Version 1.01
## - mirror a change introduced in phpbb3.0.3 (or 4)
## 16-07-2012 - Version 1.03
## - see the above changelist by Oyabun1
Suggestions and bug tracking are welcome.
* Multiple ranks - big ranks on hovering plugin
this is a plugin for my multiple ranks (not linked to usergroups) - 1.01 mod. It shows a big version of the rank when hovering over the rank for a certain amount of time (can be set).
Oyabun1 wrote:I've created and add-on to the Multiple Ranks 1.0.3 MOD to show the additional ranks on the team page. I didn't test it much, but it seems to work. (Includes edits for prosilver and subsilver2)
The add-on adds all the multiple ranks. To only show rank2 the easiest way woud be to just remove references to the other ranks from
* Board3 Portal add-on
FAQ / solutions
* if you have ranks set up by user post count, you must set the 1st field to 'no assigned', then special groups must go in spots 2 and 3.
* Known bug: we got a report that this mod may break the group rank. It would be nice if more people could test and confirm this.
* We also got a report that this mod is incompatible with the arcade mod.
* What if I want more than 3 ranks? Well, it's fairly easy: just copy-paste the sections that mention ranks 2 and 3 and renumber them to as many as you want to add. This may not be easy if coding is absolute chaos to you . But a lot of people already successfully did it.
If you add a lot of ranks, you could get this reported problem:
It was reported this problem only shows up in firefox, not in iexplorer. A solution to this problem was posted here
* If you have an error in acp_users.php , then make sure th comma (,) is in the right place (not on a new line)! Here's what it should look like .
Code: Select all
$template->assign_vars(array( 'S_RANK' => true, 'S_RANK_OPTIONS' => $s_rank_options, //multiple ranks mod by Goz 'S_RANK2' => true, 'S_RANK2_OPTIONS' => $s_rank2_options, 'S_RANK3' => true, 'S_RANK3_OPTIONS' => $s_rank3_options ) );
* What if I have custom themes? You need to do the template changes (viewtopic_body) on every theme you use. For some themes, you might need some code changes, for others you can just copy-paste the changes that are in the prosilver or subsilver2 theme.