[RC]Multiple ranks (not linked to usergroups) - 1.01

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: [RC]Multiple ranks (not linked to usergroups) - 1.01

Post by Oyabun1 »

My guess would be you have missed an edit or made a mistake in the edits for your additional ranks. Everywhere that has lines that refer to rank3 you need to add similar lines for rank4 and rank5.

You will also need to add additional columns to the database. You can do that by uploading this new install file multiple_ranks_install2.php to the root of your board and then running it (note the 2 added to the end of the file name).
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

kevinviet

Post by kevinviet »

Thank you very much Oyabun1 :D
After run multiple_ranks_install2.php updated the data base everything is working perfectly ;)
You have a wonderful day

Goztow

Post by Goztow »

It's really nice to see people still have use for this modification :). Keep up the good work, Oyabun1!

Zantox

Post by Zantox »

I use the ca_black theme if this makes any difference, I am also quite new to mods so I didn't really know which theme to change to make the changes take effect, I do have subsilver2 and prosilver active tho...

But this is what I see when I look at a users Rank:

I have numerous rank options but when I click the dropdown, nothing shows up and both of the texts are tinier then the others :(

Please help...
Also this isn't really relevant to this post but how do I use just rank images rather then having text as well?

Help Appreciated,
Zantox
~Zantox
QA Team

Zantox

Post by Zantox »

Zantox wrote:I use the ca_black theme if this makes any difference, I am also quite new to mods so I didn't really know which theme to change to make the changes take effect, I do have subsilver2 and prosilver active tho...

But this is what I see when I look at a users Rank:

I have numerous rank options but when I click the dropdown, nothing shows up and both of the texts are tinier then the others :(

Please help...
Also this isn't really relevant to this post but how do I use just rank images rather then having text as well?

Help Appreciated,
Zantox
Scratch that, I was able to fix that, I forgot to edit some of the things in the ADM include as well as do it for the correct theme, now my issue is this: I can select the 2 other ranks but they do not show up... nor their images. The text for the other 2 ranks is slightly tiner then the other 2 if that helps, also I still am unaware of how to make it only need image rather then title for a rank.
~Zantox
QA Team

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

Zantox wrote:I can select the 2 other ranks but they do not show up... nor their images
You need to make the edits for the prosilver style to CA Black.
Zantox wrote:The text for the other 2 ranks is slightly tiner then the other 2 if that helps
After making changes you need to purge the cache so a new version of the file will be compiled. If that doesn't work you probably still have an error in your edits, my guess would be adm/style/acp_users.html.
Zantox wrote:I still am unaware of how to make it only need image rather then title for a rank.
The easiest way would be to make adjustments to the style edits to leave out the parts that add the rank titles. For example, the first edit to styles/ca_black/template/memberlist_view.html Replace

Code: Select all

<!-- IF RANK2_TITLE --><dd style="text-align: center;">{RANK2_TITLE}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF RANK2_IMG --><dd style="text-align: center;">{RANK2_IMG}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF RANK3_TITLE --><dd style="text-align: center;">{RANK3_TITLE}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF RANK3_IMG --><dd style="text-align: center;">{RANK3_IMG}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
with

Code: Select all

<!-- IF RANK2_IMG --><dd style="text-align: center;">{RANK2_IMG}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF RANK3_IMG --><dd style="text-align: center;">{RANK3_IMG}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
you need to make similar changes for the other edits to the style files.
                      Support Request Template

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn »

Hi there :)

I've installed this mod on a forum and when I'm in the admin control panel assigning the special ranks to the members, it lets me assign one, but the other two drop down menus are blank. Made sure I did all of the edits and ran the install file and nothing went wrong with that. Could you help me get this fixed?

Also, I have board 3 portal installed. There wasn't any add-on folder in the download for this mod or the board 3 portal mod. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

Have you created more than one special rank?
                      Support Request Template

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn »

I have. I created 5.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

Check you have made all the edits. For example, in includes/acp/acp_users.php there a 5 separate edits, it's easy to miss one.
                      Support Request Template

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn »

I triple checked the edits and I've made all of them correctly. I even ran the uninstall then re-installed the SQL query. It's still not showing the ranks in the drop down menu when I'm editing a member to add the ranks to their account.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

Not sure what is going on there.

I just tried another test install and something is wrong. There was some changes in the rank code with the last phpBB update, but I thought I had tested this MOD and it worked, but apparently not. I need to dig around in the code a bit and see if I can work out what the problem is. Hopefully, it will be something quick and easy to fix.
                      Support Request Template

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn »

Okies, thank you! I hope it's an easy fix, too! 8-)

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn »

Have you figured anything out with this yet?

plottrunner

Post by plottrunner »

Hi I installed this mod and it is working fine in the ACP and you can see multiple ranks in topic posts but I am unable to see anything but the default group rank in the members profile...What did I forget to put in?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”