I've been looking for a mod that can drag images from forum attachments to my portal/index page but I couldn't find any. So, I spent some times to do it my self and thinking to share it with others.
I am not the guru in this tech and I am learning. So please be easy on me.
- Get attachment images then display them as a gallery anywhere in your board. (such as: portal, index, viewforum, viewtopic pages).
- Just like a gallery but its functions are different compare to other available galleries. Currently, the functions it has are:
- Display title topics when pointing the mouse over.
- Click on an image will take you to the topic it belongs to.
- Display number of images as you wish for each different pages
- Display images as random ordered or latest/time ordered
- Exclude any forum that you don't want to get images from.
- Other minor changes such as no more hard code when changing attachment folder.
- Other functions can be requested.
- Display associated attached images in the News block of the portal
- Good news for people using board3portal/phpbb3 portal. You can display the image in the News block now . For others, you may need to alter it a bit to display in your portal.
- Currently, I set so that only jpg, jpeg, gif, png, bmp images can be displayed, this can be changed.
- Create a forum link menu on your portal. When click, it will display a brief news from that forum only in the news block (with attachment images of course).
- I also did some changes for my board as well, so if anyone like what I did, just feel free to ask.
- Works with KTVM portal. (Tested by user).
- Totally manage gallery through ACP (Where you want to display it, how many images, pick random or latest, from which forum, etc).
- Display attached images when user select [view all] option in portal.
- As request...
Instructions: Available here.