praise your peers -- best coded mod?

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
aboyd

praise your peers -- best coded mod?

Post by aboyd » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:00 am

I apologize if this has been done before. I didn't see anything similar in the recent posts.

I have (finally) decided to get into phpBB 3 development, and I would like to learn from a master. I want to see a mod that is awesome from a "doing it right, doing it well" perspective. Does it use hooks? Does it use ModX correctly? Does it accomplish its task with a minimum of code? Does it leave a small footprint and play well with other mods (as well as can be expected)?

If you could nominate one mod that should stand as a simple example of how to use the phpBB 3 modding system, what mod would it be? Please try to limit your mod to one that passed the mod database review, but that's not a hard & fast rule.

Thanks for your help, guys. Here's to learning new things!

-Tony

MartectX
Translator

Re: praise your peers -- best coded mod?

Post by MartectX » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:40 pm

"Who Was Here" by nickvergessen: Functions in external files, minimal edits, nice module to add to the ACP, automatic installation SQL queries.

Also there are a lot of mods by primehalo that I'm very fond of, both function-wise and programming style-wise.

:ugeek:

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: praise your peers -- best coded mod?

Post by Paul » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Sorry, we dont allow this kind of topics here in this forum, this forum is only meant for MOD development questions, and not for polls like this.

Locked.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”