During install, first post

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
Wookie1664

During install, first post

Post by Wookie1664 »

During the install or on completion, the following post is made on the new forum. Which file contains and makes this post? I've searched right through all files and sql in the install folder. and cant seem to find it.

"This is an example post in your phpBB3 installation. Everything seems to be working. You may delete this post if you like and continue to set up your board. During the installation process your first category and your first forum are assigned an appropriate set of permissions for the predefined usergroups administrators, bots, global moderators, guests, registered users and registered COPPA users. If you also choose to delete your first category and your first forum, do not forget to assign permissions for all these usergroups for all new categories and forums you create. It is recommended to rename your first category and your first forum and copy permissions from these while creating new categories and forums. Have fun!"

Wookie
CoC

Re: During install, first post

Post by CoC »

./install/schemas/schema_data.sql

Code: Select all

{L_DEFAULT_INSTALL_POST}
./language/en/install.php

Code: Select all

'DEFAULT_INSTALL_POST'			=> 'This is an example post in your phpBB3 installation. Everything seems to be working. You may delete this post if you like and continue to set up your board. During the installation process your first category and your first forum are assigned an appropriate set of permissions for the predefined usergroups administrators, bots, global moderators, guests, registered users and registered COPPA users. If you also choose to delete your first category and your first forum, do not forget to assign permissions for all these usergroups for all new categories and forums you create. It is recommended to rename your first category and your first forum and copy permissions from these while creating new categories and forums. Have fun!',
Wookie1664

Post by Wookie1664 »

Thanks for that info..I've looked and found this

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts (topic_id, forum_id, poster_id, icon_id, post_time, post_username, poster_ip, post_subject, post_text, post_checksum, bbcode_uid) VALUES (1, 2, 2, 0, 972086460, '', '127.0.0.1', '{L_TOPICS_TOPIC_TITLE}', '{L_DEFAULT_INSTALL_POST}', '5dd683b17f641daf84c040bfefc58ce9', '');

Admin posted to the demo topic

INSERT INTO phpbb_topics_posted (user_id, topic_id, topic_posted) VALUES (2, 1, 1);

The reason I asked this is because I want to make a mod, which then autoposts. Its half done as I was using it on another forum software before I changed to phpbb.

The only thing I need to know about now is the post_checksum, what exactly is it? And how could I generate a valid checksum by autoposting?

Many thanks in advance.

Wookie
Wookie1664

Post by Wookie1664 »

I've just searched and found a mine of information to keep me entralled for hours on what I was looking for. So no need for my last question to be answered.

Many thanks

Wookie
Eelke
Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke »

Just for the sake of completeness, if this topic leaves others wondering what to do, you should really not add posts "manually" through your own SQL queries, but use phpBB's built-in routines instead. It will handle stuff like generating the checksum and such. I suppose that's what you found out already :)

[Edit: typos]
Last edited by stickerboy on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed bbcode ;)
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

Since you're working on your own code and looking for tips, the MOD Writers forum is the best location, so I'll move it now. Thanks.
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”