Help !!

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
jamiew23

Help !!

Post by jamiew23 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:14 pm

Hi

I'm new to installing mods and i've got a few i want to install. I've installed PHPBB 3.0.2. I'm using 000webhost if that makes any difference.

Anyway my problem is this when i look at the mod installation details they say find "End Session Management" i go to the file and can't find it anywhere. I search to find it and its not there :S There's a "Start Session Management" but not an end one :S

Also some of the files it tells me to edit aren't there unless they are in a different name. My admin sections is called "adm" instead of "admin" so maybe the other files have different names too :S

Help me out please

Thanks
The Student Wire - A place for students to chat and chill

www.thestudentwire.com

Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: Help !!

Post by Phil » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:16 pm

While this forum isn't for MOD support, it sounds like you're trying to install a phpBB2 MOD. Make sure any MODs you download are for phpBB3 ;)
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

jamiew23

Post by jamiew23 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:28 pm

ah right so PHPBB2 isn't compatible with PHPBB3 :(
The Student Wire - A place for students to chat and chill

www.thestudentwire.com

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:29 pm

phpBB2 is completely different from phpBB3. phpBB2 MODs will only work for phpBB2 forums, while phpBB3 MODs will only work for phpBB3 forums. If you're looking for a phpBB3 MOD that offers functionality similar to the phpBB2 MOD that you found, you can use any of the search features on this site; if none currently exists, you can make a request in the appropriate MOD Requests forum.

If you need any support for the MOD itself, you will have to post for help in the MOD's thread. This forum is for people looking for help with writing MODs. As such, I will have to lock this thread.

Good luck.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”