phpBB Joomla Comments - Using submit_post outside of phpBB

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
boylan

Re: phpBB Joomla Comments - Using submit_post outside of phpBB

Post by boylan »

Hey, everybody - not sure if it's best to reply down here or start a new topic, but I figured I'd start here first.

The plugin I wrote appears to be working fine for everyone but one user. You can read the article I wrote about it and download the source code: http://chrisboylan.com/blog/using-phpbb ... ngine.html Basically, I am just using submit_post to create a new topic with a link back to the article to which the comments are referring.

The problem the one user is having is this: every comment topic that is created requires approval.

Users enter the userid of a user with posting permissions to that forum. In this user's case, he is using the userid of his administrator account, so posting should be approved.

Now, of course, there isn't much that anyone can do without seeing the site involved - but does anyone have any ideas where I should be looking? I'm guessing the problem may be in one of his permission settings somewhere on his forum. I don't think there's a bug in my plugin in the formal sense, as it simply adopts the permissions of the userid that is entered in the plugin's settings.

Basically, does anyone have any ideas, or any suggestions of code I can build into the plugin to manually change the permissions for the post being submitted to automatically be approved?

Thanks,

Chris
King-Nothing

Post by King-Nothing »

boylan wrote:I'm guessing the problem may be in one of his permission settings somewhere on his forum.
It`s me having this issue. Like I`ve told Chris (and others in his forum) I don`t think there is anything wrong with the permissions. I have never had any trouble with permissions earlier and I have never had to approve new topics. Several people has told me how the permissions should look like, but they are all correct.
King-Nothing

Post by King-Nothing »

Anyone who knows what might cause this?
EzerchE

Post by EzerchE »

Hello,

i installed the plugin but now only on forum's frontpage, my own username shows as "CommentBot", i think its my fault when installing it, i mistakely enter my id but now i cant resolve it. its uninstalled now, but if i post a message to the forum, on frontpage my name appears as CommentBot. but in topic view it shows correctly.
EzerchE

Post by EzerchE »

i resolved the problem via deleting commentbot posts.
mzuppiroli

Re: phpBB Joomla Comments - Using submit_post outside of php

Post by mzuppiroli »

Hey Chris, thanks for the plugin, I just tryied to install it, but I do have my phpbb installation on a different mysql from Joomla one... So, is it possible to link them even in my case? What should I put in the PhpBB Root Path?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”