ucp.php?mode=register - Change First Page

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.

ucp.php?mode=register - Change First Page

Postby Nelsaidi » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:42 pm

Hey

I've made my own 'mod' to allow people to register via an external API. There are two registeration methods, the normal standard PHPBB3 method and my way, what I would like to do is when ucp.php?mode=register is visited, some sort of splash page is displayed, here the user can select either to continue the registeration using PHPBB's system (so next page is the agreement), or use my method (runs of a seperate file).

I'm stuck on how to change the first page of ucp.php?mode=register , anyone help?

Thanks

Nelsaidi

An example could be what I've done now, All I've done was change the URL in the nav bar, but this isnt sufficient as its linked to elsewhere, here is what I want done -> http://forums.erepublik.co.uk/register.php , but under ucp.php?mode=login , and has to use a a template file as I'll be making alot of changes to its styles.

Its just I cant figure out where it tells you which page it loads etc, i've looked in ucp.php which loads the module called register, then in includes/ucp/ucp_register.php , couldnt find it there :O (imo i'm looking for the wrong thing)
Click here to find out what eRepublik is.
Nelsaidi

Re: ucp.php?mode=register - Change First Page

Postby Nelsaidi » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Anyone?
Nelsaidi

Postby 3Di » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:00 am

Have a look to ucp.php..
3Di

Name: Marco

Postby Nelsaidi » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:33 pm

I have ...

What it does is switch through the possible modes, and load the appropiate module, I've looked at the register module and cant figure out how it loads/defines which page it displays, can someone point me in the right direction?

EDIT
I might have found it, i think it calls one template file somewhere, and that includes the appropiate file. Will play arround with it and see.
Nelsaidi

Return to [3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion