How to disable custom BB code in signature

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
sotis

How to disable custom BB code in signature

Post by sotis » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:19 am

When I disable in admin panel using BB code in signature it works only for standard BB codes. Users still can use custom BB codes. How can I disable using custom BB codes in signature. Which file is the code for checking the signature and BB codes in it?

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Re: How to disable custom BB code in signature

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:39 pm

I've just tested this, and custom BBCodes are disabled for me in the signatures.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

sotis

Post by sotis » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:10 am

Too bad :?
I can not disable anything in signature, img, url and even using signature at all.

Can somebody tell me which file should I look?

Edit:
I understand now, you need to re parse BB codes after disabling for that to work, but then you can not use any BB codes at all.

I want to disable only some custom BB codes.
How can I do that, which file do I need to look?

Glodenox

Post by Glodenox » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:09 am

Disable = everything disabled that gets edited/added (unless you reparse everything of course). If you want to "disable" some custom BBCodes, your best option will just be removing the custom BBCodes (and keeping a copy of them somewhere).

Greetings,
Glodenox

sotis

Post by sotis » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:12 pm

I want to disable custom BB codes only in signature. If I remove them they can not be used in posts.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:34 pm

As Erik explained, disallowing BBcodes in signature, disallows all bbcode, including custom ones.
To disallow bbcodes in signatures, set "Allow BBCode in user signatures:" to "No" on the Signature Settings page.

Glodenox

Post by Glodenox » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Ooh, I see, you want to disable the custom BBCodes in the signatures, but still allow the basic BBCode in there. That would require modifying big parts of the system, including a boolean to distinguish between all BBCode and basic BBCode in the parsing functions (it'd be set to "all" by default), and then would require that boolean to be set where you want it to not use the custom BBCodes.

All in all: very complicated, lots of work, ... the list goes on. It is possible - as always - but it won't be easy.

Greetings,
Glodenox

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:01 am

Glodenox wrote:Ooh, I see, you want to disable the custom BBCodes in the signatures, but still allow the basic BBCode in there.
No. He is trying to disable all the bbcode in signatures.

Glodenox

Post by Glodenox » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:04 am

Brf wrote:No. He is trying to disable all the bbcode in signatures.
sotis wrote:I want to disable custom BB codes only in signature. If I remove them they can not be used in posts.
I'll wait for sotis to make it very clear what exactly he wants to do, but the part I bolded above makes me believe he only wants to have the custom BBCodes disabled in signatures...

EDIT: it's probably his first problem that is confusing you: at first he didn't notice any difference when he blocked BBCodes in signatures because he didn't know that the people who already had signatures with BBCode didn't get any changes in their signatures without reparsing the BBCodes. Later on he asked whether it's possible to only block the custom BBCodes in there and still have the regular BBCodes in place, which I then answered ;)

Greetings,
Glodenox

sotis

Post by sotis » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:34 am

As Glodenox understood, I want to disable only some custom BB codes in signature and still use regular BB codes. I know it is complicated and I am looking for file or files where I can modify the code if somebody knows that file.

sledger

Post by sledger » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:24 am

Wow, no solution to this?
It's a simple and I would have though 'common' and necessary requirement to need disable custom BBCODE in the signature. In other words, to specify which BBCODE are allowed.

For heavens sakes, it can't be too hard, after all we can already disabled the [IMG] while keeping the rest.
Surely a mod can be created to add a select box in the BBCODE manager to allow or disallow the select BBCODE in the signature area.

I want my members to be able to post a small image in their sig, but enabling this will also mean they can add YouTube, Vimeo, HighSlide popups and more which they can in their regular posts!
This is crazy! :lol:

I'm no coder, so I can't do it myself, but pleeese, someone with coding skills - write a mod please :D

(Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but well - it's relevant)

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:35 am

The current BBCode system doesn't distinguish between various BBCodes, the rewritten BBCode system for 3.1 should be able to do so.
sledger wrote:I want my members to be able to post a small image in their sig, but enabling this will also mean they can add YouTube, Vimeo, HighSlide popups and more which they can in their regular posts!
Setup rules on BBCode usage and if a user doesn't comply with those retract their signature permissions. If a user want to be part of your community he should comply with the rules of that community. So if you say you can't add youtube videos to your signature than that should be enough.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”