Need help with phpBB + LDAP Active Directory + displayName

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
KhalsaKommander

Need help with phpBB + LDAP Active Directory + displayName

Post by KhalsaKommander » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:02 pm

My apologies in advance if this question exists on a specific forum, as I haven't been able to find a clear answer yet.

I'm having troubles using LDAP (Active Directory) with phpBB 3.0.5 and I'm looking for a step-by-step guide/instructions on how to display an end user's displayName entry in LDAP with phpBB.

What I can do is bind to the LDAP by setting the right permissions in the client authentication section in the ACP. However when a end user logs in, it shows their userid in LDAP through out phpBB. I would like to show the LDAP displayName after a end user logs in with their userid.

I have read up and found that this is the best forum entry, but it does not give me clear instructions as to how to implement it or someone stating that it does work:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 2&t=735105

Has anyone gotten this to work? If so, can you please help me with specific instructions on how to do so?

Also, has anyone gotten this to work by simply using the LDAP User Filter option in the client authentication section?

Thanks in advance for any further kind responses or help. Hopefully this is an easy item to implement, but perhaps I'm not seeing it clearly.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”