Adding the login form to the top of every page.

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
LoseTheGame

Adding the login form to the top of every page.

Post by LoseTheGame »

Hi guys,

I've modified overall_header to have a login form at the top of every page when not logged in (like Facebook for example). I stripped down the code on login_body to...

Code: Select all

<form action="{S_LOGIN_ACTION}" method="post">
          username<input class="post" type="text" name="{USERNAME_CREDENTIAL}" size="25" value="{USERNAME}" tabindex="1" />
		  password:<input class="post" type="password" name="{PASSWORD_CREDENTIAL}" size="25" tabindex="2" />
<input type="submit" name="login" class="btnmain" value="{L_LOGIN}" tabindex="5" />
</form>
...and added it to to the title table in overall_header.

When I try to use this new form to log in, from any page other than the mode=login page, it redirects me to the mode=login page and says "You cannot login without a password."

If I use this new login form at the top of the mode=login page, then it works. So I'm guessing there is something else I have to copy over from login_body to make the new form work from any page.

Any ideas? Let me know if I haven't explained my situation well enough.

Thanks.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Re: Adding the login form to the top of every page.

Post by Marc »

I think {USERNAME_CREDENTIAL} and {PASSWORD_CREDENTIAL} will be undefined on the other pages.
Try if that works better for you:

<form method="post" action="{S_LOGIN_ACTION}" class="headerspace">
	<h3><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a></h3>
		<fieldset class="quick-login">
			<label for="username">{L_USERNAME}:</label>&nbsp;<input type="text" name="username" id="username" size="10" class="inputbox" title="{L_USERNAME}" />
			<label for="password">{L_PASSWORD}:</label>&nbsp;<input type="password" name="password" id="password" size="10" class="inputbox" title="{L_PASSWORD}" />
			<!-- IF S_AUTOLOGIN_ENABLED -->
				| <label for="autologin">{L_LOG_ME_IN} <input type="checkbox" name="autologin" id="autologin" /></label>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<input type="submit" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" class="button2" />
			{S_LOGIN_REDIRECT}
		</fieldset>
	</form>
edit:
For subsilver2-based styles use this:

<form action="{S_LOGIN_ACTION}" method="post">
          username<input class="post" type="text" name="username" size="25" value="{USERNAME}" tabindex="1" />
		  password:<input class="post" type="password" name="password" size="25" tabindex="2" />
<input type="submit" name="login" class="btnmain" value="{L_LOGIN}" tabindex="5" />
{S_FORM_TOKEN}
{S_LOGIN_REDIRECT}
</form>
Drummer

Post by Drummer »

LoseTheGame

Post by LoseTheGame »

Awesome guys :) I just changed the name of each field to "username" and "password" like you suggested and it's working fine.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”