JQuery Slider

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
Saldash
Name: Stuart Jackson

Re: JQuery Slider

Post by Saldash »

Not sure what difference it makes, but you have two legend3's in there, change your last legend3to legend4, and the existing legend4> legend5
World Recoded UK - DreamHost Site of the Month winner February 2011!
bozo0983

Post by bozo0983 »

I did wonder about that, I even asked earlier but you ignored it so I assumed it wouldn't matter.

Changed that and no change. :(
bozo0983

Post by bozo0983 »

DOH!!!!

I've figured it out!

The legend 4 I used was under the heading

Code: Select all

case 'registration':
				$display_vars = array(
					'title'	=> 'ACP_REGISTER_SETTINGS',
So the options I gave it were under User Registration Settings. I'm gonna check that they work, then get them into the right place from there.

Thanks for your help, and sorry for being a donut! :lol:
bozo0983

Post by bozo0983 »

Wow!! You're a legend! It works perfectly, and has opened a few more doors for me now. I know some other things that I could use this for! Lol!

So, I've changed it slightly, it now has 3 options:

IMG URL
IMG DESC
IMG LINK

So I can set the link of the image, give it a description (Which also becomes img alt tag), and link it to the post the image comes from.

I've also currently added 4 images, so you have 'JQS_IMG1_URL', 'JQS_IMG2_URL' etc, and as long as you change all number to the relevant ones then it works. I'm yet to decide how many images I'm gonna have in my carousel tho.

Thanks again, and for anyone else looking to do this, it works perfectly, just don't screw it up like I did! Lol
Saldash

Post by Saldash »

Grats, I'm glad you got it working and that your able to modify it to your own needs :)

If your feeling really bold, have a look at the ACP_Ranks source-code, with some work and
a bit of practice you can setup your own control to let you add/remove as many as you want :ugeek:
bozo0983

Post by bozo0983 »

Really?

Do you mean I could create as many ranks as I want, or it would allow me to create as many images on the slider through the acp?

I think what you mean is steal some coding from ACP_Ranks and use it in the code I've just put in for the images to enable me to add as many images as I want?!

I do hope that I've read it right cos that sounds perfect, I hadn't even thought of doing that... Come here filezilla, I need to download some source files! Lol
Saldash

Post by Saldash »

bozo0983 wrote:I think what you mean is steal some coding from ACP_Ranks and use it in the code I've just put in for the images to enable me to add as many images as I want?!
It'll would mean some code and a new data table - but yes, with that in place you can add as many as you like. I put together a solution like this for my Portal notices, so if you need any help just ask.
walex008

Post by walex008 »

hey peppz, am sorry for dragging you back but the thing is i also own a forum and wuld also like to add
slide features on my portal module but dont know how to even begin. pls help me from scratch.
ViolaF

Post by ViolaF »

Just create a bbcode and some little code and smash it to a portal's block ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”