Writing and reading data to the Database

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
lqdmindz

Writing and reading data to the Database

Post by lqdmindz »

Hi,

Im looking for help on how i can write text from a text box to a new field in my Users table. I would like help with how this would look in a page i have created with the overall_header and overall_footer attached. All im looking to do is write text from the textbox to the database then read it into a title "".

Pls help :mrgreen:

daroPL
Translator
Name: Darek

Re: Writing and reading data to the Database

Post by daroPL »

Have a look at the following articles
http://wiki.phpbb.com/display/DEV/Using ... +Functions (the 1.4.1. User input section)
http://wiki.phpbb.com/display/DEV/Using ... BB3.0+DBAL

it doesn't as easy as you suppose ;-).

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

How about setting up a Custom profile field? That would handle all of the DB reads and writes for you. You could display the contents of that custom field on your new page.

lqdmindz

Post by lqdmindz »

Wow thats really useful, ive been searching everywhere for the phpbb setout of DB querying. Could you perhaps highlight some numbers that pertain best. I briefly skimmed and noticed the second link didnt have the input, update and remove section. Is this for a special reason?

lqdmindz

Post by lqdmindz »

Brf wrote:How about setting up a Custom profile field? That would handle all of the DB reads and writes for you. You could display the contents of that custom field on your new page.
Sorry didnt see your post brf. I think the only problem with that is i have no idea how to link to the field. It would be really cool though, didnt even think of that. Do you know the code, and to new profile fields just have a numerical increment?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”