Adding an extra column to SESSIONS_TABLE

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
CMCDragonkai
Location: Australia.. and other parts of the world sometimes...

Adding an extra column to SESSIONS_TABLE

Post by CMCDragonkai »

I wish to add column to the SESSIONS_TABLE called session_userdata and this will contain flashdata for the user.
It's attributes are:
name: session_userdata
type: text
Length/Values: (BLANK)
Default: none
Collation: utf8_bin
Attributes : (BLANK)
Null: (BLANK)
Index: (BLANK):
AUTO_INCREMENT: (BLANK)
Comments: (BLANK)

I've already added another column with no problems which is not relevant to this problem. But when I add this new column, logging into phpbb fails and redirects me back to the login page.

In order words, I can't login when I have that specific extra column in SESSIONS_TABLE. I believe this must have something to do with authentication when phpbb logs someone in. Maybe somewhere a db function is failing. But I cannot find it.

I've tried removing the previous added column and add this column, but login still fails. It's this specific kind of column that is messing up.

Has anybody ever modified the SESSIONS_TABLE?
Show phpbb threads as html articles. V.5.03 Thanks Erik! (This will be updated constantly as I or others contribute...) This code is to be used on external HTML page, but if you want a template version see here.

For the best PHPBB total modification to posting - bbcode, embedding... everything! Visit MSSTI's ABBC3 Modification.
CMCDragonkai
Location: Australia.. and other parts of the world sometimes...

Re: Adding an extra column to SESSIONS_TABLE

Post by CMCDragonkai »

bump
Show phpbb threads as html articles. V.5.03 Thanks Erik! (This will be updated constantly as I or others contribute...) This code is to be used on external HTML page, but if you want a template version see here.

For the best PHPBB total modification to posting - bbcode, embedding... everything! Visit MSSTI's ABBC3 Modification.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”