phpBB3 MOD domains available

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
drathbun
Former Team Member

phpBB3 MOD domains available

Post by drathbun » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi, I checked with DavidIQ and got permission to post this topic. A while back I used to be very active in MOD writing and I reserved the domains phpbb3mods.com as well as phpbb3mods.org and phpbb3mods.net with the intent of setting up a phpBB3 MODding site of some kind. That never came about, and at this point I'm realizing I'm just not going to have the time to get back into MOD writing like I used to. There has never been any content created for these domains.

These 3 domains are up for renewal this year, and I've decided that I'm not going to renew them. Rather than just let them expire and go to who knows who, I've received permission to post here to see if anyone wants them. If so, send me a PM and I'll give you the details on how to transfer the domains into your account. There will usually be some sort of transaction fee from your registrar to transfer the registration from me to you; you'll pay that cost only. If you're interested in the domains, this would probably be the better process rather than waiting for the domains to expire and run the risk of someone else grabbing them. I am not selling these domains, I'm giving them away. You will only have to pay the costs for the transfer as determined by your registrar. For many registrars the transfer fee is cheaper than registering a new domain, and doing the transfer often extends the domain registration for an additional year.

If there is no interest, the domains will simply expire in April of this year. The domain information does not currently show my name as they're protected with a privacy service. Your registrar may or may not offer the same service. Here's how the domain "whois" information currently shows:

Code: Select all

Domain Name: PHPBB3MODS.COM 

Registrant:
    PrivacyProtect.org
    Domain Admin        (contact@privacyprotect.org)
    ID#10760, PO Box 16
    Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
    Nobby Beach
    null,QLD 4218
    AU
    Tel. +45.36946676

Creation Date: 25-Apr-2006  
Expiration Date: 25-Apr-2012
First to send a PM gets all 3 domains.
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

drathbun
Former Team Member

Re: phpBB3 MOD domains available

Post by drathbun » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:36 pm

The person who had requested these domains has now decided otherwise. Only a few more days to initiate the transfer before the domains expire. If you're interested please send me a PM. As mentioned above, I am not selling these domains, I am giving them up to anyone who is interested. You will be responsible only for the transfer fees / registration fees incurred on your end.

Elias
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: Elias

Post by Elias » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Ah, i might be interested!

Give me a few hours to see what i can do and if i can do something with this ;)

Thanks, drathbun
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:48 pm

They're gone, thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”