phpBB3 QuickInstall a is tool used to manage many installations of phpBB3. It is not meant to be used on a remote server, it should be used only locally. You can install a phpBB3 board with one single mouse click. Now this is useful for developing modifications, as you won't have any conflicts of different mods.
There are tons of new stuff in this QI release. The major new feature is that you can save profiles. Perfect if you regularly change between different settings in QI. Also support for PostgreSQL has been added in this version.
phpBB3 QuickInstall is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License 2 (GPL). A copy has been included in the package (license.txt) and more information can be found in readme.txt.
The RC is downloadable from github, this is a direct download link.
You can get the latest development version from github
Comments and support for this RC in this topic. Please report bugs in the MOD Teams tracker.
NOTE: phpBB QuickInstall is only intended to be used for local testing and should not be installed on a public/live server.
To install QI simply download the latest version and extract it to a directory accessible via a browser.
Download the latest phpBB version and extract it into the sources directory.
Download the latest AutoMOD and copy the contents from the root directory to sources/automod.
Make sure the "cache", "boards" and "settings" directories are writable by PHP.
Point your browser to the QI directory. You will be taken to the settings page with some default data entered. You can go direct to the bottom of that page and save the settings as a profile named "default". But you should take a look at the settings and see if you want to change anything. When you have saved the first profile you are good to go.
Just download the package and unzip it into your QI directory. Make sure the new "settings" directory is writable by PHP and point your browser to your QI directory. QI will convert your old config to a profile named "default", you can of course choose some other name for it.
Changes since QI 1.1.6
- [Fix] Some language edits and spelling fixes.
- [Fix] Check that the boards directory exists and is writeable.
- [Fix] Create one user per minute and one post per second, or actually change the timestamp.
- [Fix] Set a default value for user_sig, user_occ and user_interests to not error out there.
- [Fix] Take cache directory from settings if possible.
- [Fix] Use boards_dir from configuration if it is set.
- [Fix] Added missing settings globalizations
- [Fix] Fixes to permission granting.
- [Fix] Made quickinstall functional on postgres.
- [Fix] Make sure boards_url ends with a slash.
- [Fix] Bug #62694 Clarify that it is QI that do not support PHP older than 5.2.0 and not phpBB.
- [Fix] Bug #62700 Put the config through htmlspecialchars_decode() instead of remove request_var().
- [Fix] Bug #62704 Mention the upload directory for AutoMOD 1.0.0.
- [Fix] Bug #62739 Check for phpBB3/common.php instead of the phpBB3 directory.
- [Fix] Bug #62757 Copy permissions from the default forum instead of from the default category.
- [Fix] Bug #62765 Need to globalize table prefix.
- [Fix] Bug #62831 Don't try to login when loading a alternative environment.
- [Fix] Bug #63111 When setting table prefix, table data containing "phpbb_" was also changed.
- [Fix] QI_PHPBB_VERSION and AUTOMOD_VERSION are not used so they got deleted.
- [Fix] Use the QI_VERSION constant directly instead of copying it to the config array.
- [Fix] Ticket #63262 SMTP port was not copied from settings to config table.
- [Fix] Ticket #62767 QI should not crash when it can't delete a board but inform about it.
- [Change] Added checking for functions_mods.php. It will be moved in AutoMOD in the future.
- [Change] Include functions_admin.php for postgres' benefit.
- [Change] Use get_cache_dir() in sqlite dbal.
- [Change] Delay database connection until it is necessary.
- [Change] Cleaned up the JS in the main html file.
- [Change] Changed the changelog to have the same format as the rest of our tools have. A text file with most recent versions at top.
- [Change] QI pages are now in $page instead of $mode, need $mode for settings and it got kind of crowded.
- [Change] Only try to connect to DB when saving settings or creating/deleting a board.
- [Change] Removed version check from the About page and moved the changelog stuff a bit.
- [Change] Errors are stored as a array and imploded to a string on demand.
- [Change] The global $qi_config array has been removed and all setting/config are now handled by $settings.
- [Change] Deleted qi_config_sample.cfg since its not used anymore.
- [Feature] Made quickinstall not require write access to qi_config.php
- [Feature] Added UI for setting cache directory.
- [Feature] Added a separate notion of boards url.
- [Feature] Added ability to grant specific permissions when creating boards.
- [Feature] Added hover-over on the manage tab.
- [Feature] Added support for PostgreSQL
- [Feature] Added possibility to set phpBB config fields before creating a board.
- [Feature] Ticket #62796 Added config settings for chunk sizes when populating a board.
- [Feature] Ticket #62774 and #62792 Added a settings directory to replace the config file.
- [Feature] Ticket #62774 and #62792 Added profiles with config files in a directory instead of one configuration file.
- [Feature] Added confirm to the delete button. And don't show it if there is no boards to delete.
- [Feature] Added save/reset buttons after each section on the settings page. For convenience.
- [Feature] Added anchors and internal links to the settings tab.
- [Feature] Config settings for "Drop database if it exists" and "Delete files if they exist" checkboxes default state.
- [Feature] A setting for the confirmation alert when deleting boards and profiles. To show that confirm alert or not.
- [Feature] A setting for default "Alternate environment" now that profiles exists.
- [Feature] Added option to not save passwords and/or admin/db-user names. They will be required when creating a board.
- [Feature] Use JS to check that the required fields are filled.
The MOD Team.