Password Hash

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
SirBlacKJesus

Password Hash

Post by SirBlacKJesus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Hello. I want to ask can i made my phpBB3 forum to safe into the database the password to MD5 hash because i want to integrate with another panel for donators but dont know how to change the type of hash to phpBB3.

Thanks for the help.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: Password Hash

Post by Oyabun1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Re: Password Hash

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:53 pm

SirBlacKJesus wrote:Hello. I want to ask can i made my phpBB3 forum to safe into the database the password to MD5 hash because i want to integrate with another panel for donators but dont know how to change the type of hash to phpBB3.

Thanks for the help.
As phpBB's hashing algorithm is stronger then plain MD5, and there is a policy to not help users lighten the security of the system. Therefore you won't find a guide on this site on how to switch the core hashing algorithm from phpass to md5.
You however could write a custom authentication plugin (there is info on this on the wiki) that allows phpBB to authenticate against the other database, or depending on the other software it might be easier to have that fallback to phpBB's authentication system.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”