How do you remove all references to login links and forms?

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
Praetorian Guard

How do you remove all references to login links and forms?

Post by Praetorian Guard »

Experimenting with jfusion and joomla. Would like to make phpbb a slave to joomla with a single login. Where do I ned to go in phpbb to remove all login/logout links, forms, etc.? I noticed last night than if you are not signed in and are a guest and click on someones user name on the forum index it redirects to a login form. I would like to remove all references to loging in, and loging out and registration. Any help appreciated! Thanks.

Oh, also without getting any erros. For example, if I were to click on a users name as a guest and I removed the login form, will it throw an error? Trying to avoid this where it would basically redirect maybe to that page put where I could put some instructions that the guest must register on the Joomla home page to use the forum. Thanks again!!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: How do you remove all references to login links and form

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

why not use the phpbb registration/login etc . for both instead of the joomla? I think it would be easier in the long run.
and, I think that is the whole point of using the joomla bridge to start with.

oh, you are using a joomla bridge aren't you?
jfusion. google it.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Praetorian Guard

Re: How do you remove all references to login links and form

Post by Praetorian Guard »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:why not use the phpbb registration/login etc . for both instead of the joomla? I think it would be easier in the long run.
and, I think that is the whole point of using the joomla bridge to start with.

oh, you are using a joomla bridge aren't you?
jfusion. google it.

robert
Thanks. Yes using the Jfusion. Why do you think it would be easier in the long run? I was also going to through magento ecommerce under the bridge as well with joomla as the master. In your experience, how would you recommend a set up? I want to incorporate Joomla, phpbb, and magento under the "umbrella" - wrapped under joomla to give it the appearance it is all one integrated site. So are you saying make phpbb the master and joomla/magento slaves? Any experience or personal suggestions on this is appreciated. Thanks!!!

I have contemplated using joomla with no login requirement and bridging phpbb and magento together. Not sure though what others may be doing...

The other thought was to give it the integration appearance but have no password for joomla, but require seperate logins for magento and phpbb3, so that the single login is eliminated. Not sure though how users would feel about that. Input on that idea welcome...

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”