Ideas Support topic

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Ideas Support topic

Post by tbackoff »

Hello,

In response to the numerous support requests in the [Discuss] Introducing phpBB Ideas topic, the team has decided to split off support into a dedicated topic. Please use this topic for all support requests regarding installing, configuring, and using the phpBB Ideas system on your board. Bugs found should be reported to the Website Bug Tracker.

Thanks!
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Re: [Discuss] Introducing phpBB Ideas!

Post by Jessica »

callumacrae wrote:
Volksdevil wrote:Love this 'Idea'. I had a quick look at what's required to get it up and running on our own boards, is it right that we can indeed do that?
Yep! It's easier to install than most mods, as it doesn't require and file modifications - you just copy in the ideas directory and follow the instructions.
It is everything in the directory or the directory itself? If it's the former, it's going to replace a lot of my files :/ When I tried the latter, I just got errors when going to /ideas/install.php

EDIT: I did see "To install, copy config.sample.php to config.php and change the configuration. The current configuration settings:" but I don't quite understand it. do I copy the contents of the config.sample.php to config.php (since replacing doesn't make sense)

EDIT: I did the above; nope, still get errors

I pretty much still don't know how to install it >_>

EDIT: I got it now. install.php is supposed to be in the root directory...
Last edited by Jessica on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
callumacrae
Former Team Member
Name: Callum Macrae

Post by callumacrae »

Jessica wrote:
callumacrae wrote:
Volksdevil wrote:Love this 'Idea'. I had a quick look at what's required to get it up and running on our own boards, is it right that we can indeed do that?
Yep! It's easier to install than most mods, as it doesn't require and file modifications - you just copy in the ideas directory and follow the instructions.
It is everything in the directory or the directory itself? If it's the former, it's going to replace a lot of my files :/ When I tried the latter, I just got errors when going to /ideas/install.php

EDIT: I did see "To install, copy config.sample.php to config.php and change the configuration. The current configuration settings:" but I don't quite understand it. do I copy the contents of the config.sample.php to config.php (since replacing doesn't make sense)
Copy the "ideas" directory from the phpbb-ideas repo to an "ideas" directory within your phpBB installation, not the individual files into the root directory (that would kill everything).
macr.ae = my website. you probably won't like it.
Proud user ofProud user of
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

okay I did that, and managed to install it, but I had to move install.php outside of the ideas directory, otherwise I get errors. I installed it, but I still get errors when going to /ideas/index.php

Code: Select all

Warning: include(/home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas//config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 12

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas//config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 12

Warning: include(PHPBB_ROOT_PATHcommon.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 15

Warning: include(PHPBB_ROOT_PATHcommon.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 15

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'PHPBB_ROOT_PATHcommon.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 15

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 18
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Jessica wrote:okay I did that, and managed to install it, but I had to move install.php outside of the ideas directory, otherwise I get errors. I installed it, but I still get errors when going to /ideas/index.php

Warning: include(/home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas//config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 12

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas//config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 12

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'PHPBB_ROOT_PATHcommon.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 15

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 18
I don't think you should have moved install.php, but if it hasn't errored then it should be fine. Did you create and modify ideas/config.php?
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

Oops...forgot to do that, but once I did I still get errors -_-

/ideas/config.php

<?php

// phpBB Ideas configuration file

define('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH', '../phpBB3/');
define('IDEAS_FORUM_ID', 1);
define('IDEAS_POSTER_ID', 1);
Errors:

Warning: include(../phpBB3/common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 15

Warning: include(../phpBB3/common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 15

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../phpBB3/common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/ideas/common.php on line 15

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Try this instead:

<?php

define('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH', '../');
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

callumacrae wrote:Try this instead:

<?php

define('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH', '../');

Thanks, that works!
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

I have a slight problem that I'm not sure how to fix.

http://chenschool.elementfx.com/phpBB3/ideas/index.php

I posted an idea and it was automatically rated by default...so of course there's 1 green arrow and 0 red (saw the changes on github and added them in earlier today)

However, under "Latest idea" there is no number besides the arrows. Under "Top Ideas", there is. Though for "Top Ideas", the arrows aren't side by side, and I don't know if that's the style or what.

See screenshot:
idearatings.PNG
idearatings.PNG (17.53 KiB) Viewed 21434 times
How do I fix the issue with the numbers not showing up under Latest Idea? Also, is there any way I could make the ratings under Top Ideas side by side, AND also "Top Ideas" over "Latest Ideas" like here?
callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Jessica wrote:I have a slight problem that I'm not sure how to fix.

http://chenschool.elementfx.com/phpBB3/ideas/index.php

I posted an idea and it was automatically rated by default...so of course there's 1 green arrow and 0 red (saw the changes on github and added them in earlier today)

However, under "Latest idea" there is no number besides the arrows. Under "Top Ideas", there is. Though for "Top Ideas", the arrows aren't side by side, and I don't know if that's the style or what.

See screenshot:
idearatings.PNG
How do I fix the issue with the numbers not showing up under Latest Idea? Also, is there any way I could make the ratings under Top Ideas side by side, AND also "Top Ideas" over "Latest Ideas" like here?
I fixed that a few hours ago: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb-ideas/co ... 74656c6755
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

EDIT: Never mind, solved
Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 »

Something else, any reason why this mod cannot use my overall_header and overall_footer files? I was able to make the change but still. Also, any reason for having a idea bot account? That shouldn't be needed, the permission for forums are already there right? Edit that setting was for posts and not topics :(
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 »

After looking at this, I felt that the boards overall header and footer from the current style should have been used even if it mean editing some template files. Also is it possible to get rid of the bot requirements? Other then that I do like it :)
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

*Daniel wrote:After looking at this, I felt that the boards overall header and footer from the current style should have been used even if it mean editing some template files. Also is it possible to get rid of the bot requirements? Other then that I do like it :)
Can't; template inheritance doesn't work across directories.
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

*Daniel wrote:After looking at this, I felt that the boards overall header and footer from the current style should have been used even if it mean editing some template files. Also is it possible to get rid of the bot requirements? Other then that I do like it :)
I also don't like the bot requirements...I want to have the topic be posted by the person who posted the idea, not a bot.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”