EZ Membership Mod

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
wmtoo
Name: Josi

EZ Membership Mod

Post by wmtoo »

I've been banging out a rough mod that currently handles the following:

ACP:
... Settings
......Allows, disabling/enabling mod, turning points on/off (any points system where the variable is user_points), Choose Auth.net OR PayPal Advanced, Allow a regular PayPal button (can not be used with PPA), Change currency code, turn header reminder off/on, set how many weeks prior to expiration the reminder should start showing, Send email on successful membership purchase (set to no since the payment choices usually send them - probably not even needed), Allow a referrer to be named (must match), Allow referrer to get points on successful membership purchase, send PM to referrer or not, set TOS.
... Groups
......Can view which groups are set as a membership, can edit groups to become or no longer be a membership cost, can view subscription orders for each group (including within date ranges), can toggle default group setting off/on

User:
Sees a "Memberships" link in header.

Upon clicking, it's a simple billing name and address, referrer name (if there is one) and a listing of groups available for membership purchase. If user already has purchased, the information shows when they purchased, how much and expiration.

Upon successful purchase, the user's main group is switched to the group they purchased if the group is set to be a default group, the groups info includes their purchase information and expiration, points are given to them/referrer, if applicable.

MOST of it is working.... here is what I don't have yet and need help with (if anybody is willing):

..Cron job to remove expired members from group
..Best way to pick up renewal notice and parse to header
..Would be nice to show as a Membership group under groups in UCP, but haven't messed with that. A simple call to the new variables would do it, so I probably don't need help with that.
..PayPal button works - but I haven't tested it to the point of payment. I don't know how to make sure the completed transaction information gets parsed back so that the updates are made to the user's account (especially if they don't return).

Auth.net is 100% complete and works flawlessly. I still have it in test mode, but man - I love it. I like how it works and wanted something very simple. PHP is not my normal language, so I'm sure the coding is rough - but it works.

Thoughts? Any offers to help flesh out the areas I need work on? I did see another person was working on a Membership Management mod - but it's not what I wanted, hence - I created this out of need.
Last edited by DavidIQ on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved to MOD Writers Discussion. Not quite in development yet.
the pips

Re: EZ Membership Mod

Post by the pips »

Hi,
I'm developing the other Membership mod... and have been for two years! With the help of a few others we're getting closer but not quite there yet. Rather than expend your energy recreating a lot of what's already been done why don't you tell us what we're missing. I'm always happy to have some assistance.
If you do decide to go your own way, feel free to study my code and re-use whatever you like.

Regards
Doug
wmtoo
Name: Josi

Re: EZ Membership Mod

Post by wmtoo »

I did see/try yours - it wasn't quite what I was looking for. Mine is finished, other than a cron job/renewal notice, but I have a year to figure that out. The renewal notice isn't quite that important to me. I've learned a lot about php in the last month and have other things I'm working on now.

Mine takes the existing groups and allows you to modify them to become Membership groups and works with points, allows referral points, plugs into the existing groups tables. I needed it to work with Auth.net, too, which yours did not do - although now I'm just using the payflowlink route any way.

Thanks!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”