Adding Facebook/Twitter login to PHPBB3

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
Daniel-BB

Adding Facebook/Twitter login to PHPBB3

Post by Daniel-BB »

Good afternoon,

I have been working with my PHPBB for a couple days now and I am starting to get the hang of it. I would like to add Social Login to my pages so users can register more easily. I have installed oa_social_login and configured the APIs in PHPBB as well as on Facebook and Twitter. I need help inserting the code that various people have suggested, but I am having trouble identifying the html pages to add the code into.

Can someone help me identify my home page html file? That would be a great start for me. Once I know what file to add the code into, I will be on my way.

Here is the links to the OneAll site that I am following:

http://docs.oneall.com/services/impleme ... ial-login/

Can someone point me in the right direction to identify the home page html file?

I really appreciate the help
mals69

Re: Adding Facebook/Twitter login to PHPBB3

Post by mals69 »

I recently installed it - worked like clock-work.

There's two lots of install instructions, if recall correctly the install instructions
that come with the package are simpler to follow.

It automatically inserted the facebook icon in the header and appears on the login page
also by way off the header. Works better than any such login I have come across, does not "hang".

In most cases the URL in your browser should point you to the correct file, if not use notepad++
to search a piece of code on the required page you can see by using viewsource to locate your required file.
Daniel-BB

Post by Daniel-BB »

I will go over the instructions again and see if I missed a step.....everything seemed to go according to plan and I was hoping it would go like clockwork......if all else fails I can always try to install again.
Daniel-BB

Post by Daniel-BB »

Thanks for the help.....I missed a step.....now I have the code in the proper files and the files in the proper places......I may have more questions, like how to place the buttons in other areas.....I'm a newbie but getting the hang of it.
Daniel-BB

Post by Daniel-BB »

I was wondering if someone could help me add the Social Network login buttons in the empty space next to the native username/password area. I want the ability to log in via the Social Media buttons to be more prominent.

I am not sure where I can drop the code for this page to make it work.

Thanks again for the help
mals69

Post by mals69 »

Like I said it automatically places the icons where you want it if you do the install correctly.

Make sure you register with each required site through oneall.com, this could prevent the icons showing.
Daniel-BB

Post by Daniel-BB »

I have them in the overall-header......I guess I just have to figure out which files are the areas I am looking for.

Is there a tool that can help me identify all the files that the php file pulls from?

I'm a newbie and understand the basic concepts but am not well versed in programming.
mals69

Post by mals69 »

Daniel Daniel Daniel

I was bit taken back when you first replied without a thank you, the penny dropped why mods lose their patients round here at times.

I obviously do not know you from a bar of soap but gave my time freely to a complete stranger to help save you going through the struggles I did for years wondering how it all worked - please respect peoples time.
I have already told you the tool you can use.
Daniel-BB

Post by Daniel-BB »

Please accept my apology for not thanking you earlier.....Thank You, Thank You, Thank you

Although I do see a "Thanks for the help.....I missed a step" in my reply above.....I appreciate the help from a total stranger and will use Notepad++ to identify the proper files. I will be sure to make my appreciation better known on this forum.
Nileson

Post by Nileson »

Hi guys, new user here so hope you'll go easy on me. Great thread.

Would you have a list of such addons for facebook/twitter and google login for my phpbb forum?

Thanks and ntmu. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”