Cleaning a portal.

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
DoYouSpeakWak
Name: Hans Lassen

Cleaning a portal.

Post by DoYouSpeakWak » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Hey Support team.

Im cleaning a non-existing portal system. PortalXL 5.0. back to vanilla. I cannot ask the portal creaters since they are gone. I hope you can be helpfull solving a mystery. No Support template available since this is mod related.

You dont have to know anything about the portal. This question is about standard vanilla behavior.

I got the DB. Found out it was phpBB 3.0.8 and had this portal on it. Here is what i did.

1: uploaded the db. Added vanilla 3.0.8 files, changed the config.php to match db.

2: Deleted all portal_xxx tables from the db. Using the STK. After the first function in the database cleaner (that deletes tables), i just got a blank page.

3: Went to the forum. Got this error.

Code: Select all

Table 'discus.phpbb3_portal_config' doesn't exist [1146]
Then i checked what the installer added. Found out all the changes it made, was in seperate tables. No edits on existing tables.

Schema proof here:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=T3h31uP8

Now for the big question. Why and how ? If we assume that ALL changes in the db that the portal installed made have been removed and ALL the files are vanilla. How can the board know its missing this portal table ? There must be some sort of cache in some vanilla tables that saves this demand.

Any clues why im getting this error ?
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid phpBB help and System administrator services.

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Re: Cleaning a portal.

Post by Marshalrusty » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:33 pm

DoYouSpeakWak wrote:If we assume that ALL changes in the db that the portal installed made have been removed and ALL the files are vanilla. How can the board know its missing this portal table ?
It can't :)

My guess would be that they added some PHP to the template and that this is being cached in the database. You cleaned all the extra schema, but this isn't "extra", so it's still there.

You can just clear the template cache, but grab a backup first in case they have made some customizations that are actually desired.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

DoYouSpeakWak
Name: Hans Lassen

Re: Cleaning a portal.

Post by DoYouSpeakWak » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Thx. That fixed it. removed the tables and ran the sql queries from the schema file.
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid phpBB help and System administrator services.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”