Practising how to add custom variable (not working)

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
AmigoJack

Re: Practising how to add custom variable (not working)

Post by AmigoJack »

atoirtap wrote:Using simply {postrow.MY_POST_ID} as pointed by Brf, is not valid (as I repeated several times) because I need a 'extendable' and 'reusable' code
That approach can be extended, reused and even exchanged very well. Keep in mind that you started yourself relying on /viewtopic.php instead of creating a whole new page. Based on that decision the limitations are obvious.
atoirtap wrote:output as desired
Can you elaborate? You neither want to display
  1. the post ID in each post, nor
  2. all post IDs in each post, nor
  3. all post IDs in the topic.
But what you want has not been formulated. Or painted. Since you never asked for explanation all of us also presume you know what a post is, what a topic is, what a loop is, what a template is ...and so on.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
atoirtap

Post by atoirtap »

Hi david63 and amigoJack. I answered both of your questions in previous posts.

@david63
Show us the code you have so far and then we will be able to see what you are trying to do
I showed you my code in the first post of this topic viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2316476#p14078556. That code was improved by amigoJack in viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2316476&start=15#p14096221

@amigoJack
...But what you want has not been formulated. Or painted...
I explained several times and depicted too, for example in viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2316476&start=15#p14100581
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Ok, we're going in circles and this is my last reply. The picture shows the post's ID for each post. Brf told you numerous times how to achieve outputting the post's ID for each post, but you repeatedly said that's not what you want. Whenever being asked, you just say you explained it already, just like this time. Good luck in finding the error in that logic.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
atoirtap

Post by atoirtap »

The picture shows the post's ID for each post
Right. As stated several times, that's the goal in this topic. My code in the first post in this topic doesn't work, and your code in viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2316476&start=15#p14096221 doesn't get the goal because it shows all post ID existing in the topic in each post
Brf told you numerous times how to achieve outputting the post's ID for each post
I know that, but I can't use his/her indication. I can't use postrow.POST_ID because I need a code with such structure that to be scalable and reusable for a similar and bigger problem. As you know, big problems some time are 'chopped' into less complex parts. If one resolves the minor parts, then can resolve the whole big task. That's what I'm pretending from the beginning, as I stated several times too.

It's obvious we're not understanding each other. Anyway, thank you all guys who tried to help. When having a little time, I'll create a new topic where I'll expose my main actual question (which I planned to resolve by myself if I would have learnt how to solve this topic's example first).

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”