Forums authorized to view

Discussion forum for MOD Writers regarding MOD Development.
Vampy

Re: Forums authorized to view

Post by Vampy »

Hi! I'm trying to get the forums to display a message if the user has no reading permissions for a particular forum... Say I have Forum A, B, C and D.... Forum A is viewab;e by anyone... Forum B and C however required the user to be registered user... Forum D is a password protected forum...

Right now, Forum B and C's latest topics are shown on the index page of the forum... How can I use the permissions system to NOT show the latest topics on the index page but instead show a message in place of it on the lines of "Only registered users".
Julian
skinmaster

Post by skinmaster »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:There is a table, phpbb_acl_options, which is joined with phpbb_acl_groups or phpbb_acl_users to determine what permissions a user has.

These results are cached for each user in the phpbb_users table.

HTH you skinmaster :)
Excellent thanks!
kot

Post by kot »

A related question -- how can I check, whether an attachment is viewable anonymously?

I'd like to redirect all such "public" attachments to our CDN -- leaving only the private ones (which require a login and authorization) to be loaded from the site directly... What should I look for? Thanks!
HGN
Former Team Member
Name: Alfred

Post by HGN »

kot wrote:A related question -- how can I check, whether an attachment is viewable anonymously?
Log out
kot

Post by kot »

HGN wrote:
kot wrote:A related question -- how can I check, whether an attachment is viewable anonymously?
Log out
Huh?! Moderator, I -- quite obviously -- meant: "how can I programmatically check, whether an attachment is viewable anonymously".

In other words, given the attachment ID and the access to database, how can I query, whether the file can be downloaded without login?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”