Ok i need some help for my phpBB3 placing google ads

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
rumrunner439

Ok i need some help for my phpBB3 placing google ads

Post by rumrunner439 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:18 pm

ok Im not sure im in the right place but i want to add my logo to a few of my php forums sites and add my google ads and i have tried to start adding my google code but the only place i managed to get it was in the admin page.
And i want to replace the phpBB building communities with my logo but cant seem to find where it is to do that.
Any Help be great onlineadsnow.com is my site and bandsmack.net i need to make them look a lil better :0
thanks

tommekemc

Re: Ok i need some help for my phpBB3 placing google ads

Post by tommekemc » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:38 pm

your ad:
in styles/YOUR STYLE/template/overall_header.html
add your ad where you'dd like :)

the images:
in styles/YOUR STYLE/imageset
search for the logo of phpbb and replace it with your own logo.

after having uploaded this logo, refresh your style's templates and imageset.
hope this solves it all :)
my sig
my projects

images deleted because of the 6kb (wtf?) rule...

rumrunner439

Post by rumrunner439 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:51 pm

Ok i got the logo figured out thanks But i still cant seem to place the google ads code in overall_header.html
i placed it in three or four different spots and nothing. And how do you make the site pull up the forums not the page that says your first forum? my site is OnlineAdsNow.com and BBBofEcommerce.com
thanks im just trying to get my google ads working and make the sites look better

peleyer

Post by peleyer » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:14 pm

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Knowledge Base - Advertisements in phpBB3

Take particular note of the important notice half way down regarding Google ads. Due to the google terms and conditions, the ads should only go in the index_body.html, viewtopic_body.html and viewforum_body.html files. Do not put them in the overall_header or footer.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

rumrunner439

Post by rumrunner439 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:38 pm

Wow i dont know why but no matter what i try it still not letting my google ads show up ???? i read the knowledge base and tried all of those ways and even the code one and placed my add inside of it and still nothing .What the heck am i doing wrong ? ! Im pretty happy i got the logo for my site up its kinda distorted lol but up now if i can just get my ads on there id be happy the site is www.BBBofEcommerce.com and www.OnlineAdsNow.com
Thanks for all the Help

rumrunner439

Post by rumrunner439 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:41 pm

Oh yeah where the heck do you go to edit the part that says a short text describing your forum ? im still getting use to where and how the code is set up its way different from my other sites
thanks

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:52 pm

Have you refreshed the template cache in the admin panel>styles?
rumrunner439 wrote:Oh yeah where the heck do you go to edit the part that says a short text describing your forum ? im still getting use to where and how the code is set up its way different from my other sites
Admin panel>board settings
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

rumrunner439

Post by rumrunner439 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:05 pm

Ok how do we get into our admin panel i just use the main sites panel
i tried to log into onlineadsnow.com/admin/index.php and it says i dont have access lol its my site why dont i have access :P i cleared my cache and cookies in my browser and shift refresh and still no google ads sorry im kinda super newbie here but im trying i can move around in the code and find what everyone is talking about and placing the ads i can even repost my code so thats why im confused why its not working. I tried finding board settings but im lost once i know how to get there im good after that lol
Thanks For all the help

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:12 pm

You've removed the phpBB copyright from one of the boards. There's no support without it.
Cheap UK Hosting

rumrunner439

Post by rumrunner439 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:30 pm

Which one cuz i didnt do it on purpose lol i was trying to find out how to remove the logo I have no problems having the php copyright on my site all ive been trying to do is put my google ads and my logo which on one of my sites i noticed my logo came out all squishy
thanks for the help

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:37 pm

The BBB one. It's not hard to spot. It's in the overall_footer.html
Cheap UK Hosting

rumrunner439

Post by rumrunner439 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:54 pm

heres my actual code it still has the copyright part did my google ad mess it up showing? This was when i was just placing my google ad anywhere just experimenting to see if i could get the ads to show up

</div>

<div id="page-footer">

<div class="navbar">
<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

<ul class="linklist">
<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a></li>
<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
<!-- IF S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK --><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_FORUM -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK}" title="{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}">{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF U_WATCH_TOPIC --><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_TOPIC -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_WATCH_TOPIC}" title="{L_WATCH_TOPIC}">{L_WATCH_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF U_BOOKMARK_TOPIC --><li class="icon-bookmark"><a href="{U_BOOKMARK_TOPIC}" title="{L_BOOKMARK_TOPIC}">{L_BOOKMARK_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF U_BUMP_TOPIC --><li class="icon-bump"><a href="{U_BUMP_TOPIC}" title="{L_BUMP_TOPIC}">{L_BUMP_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
<li class="rightside"><a href="{U_TEAM}">{L_THE_TEAM}</a> &bull; <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><a href="{U_DELETE_COOKIES}">{L_DELETE_COOKIES}</a> &bull; <!-- ENDIF -->{S_TIMEZONE}</li>
</ul>

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-9653796027255701";
google_ad_width = 468;
google_ad_height = 60;
google_ad_format = "468x60_as";
google_ad_type = "text";
google_ad_channel ="";
google_color_border = "FFFFFF";
google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";
google_color_link = "000000";
google_color_url = "999999";
google_color_text = "666666";
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>
</div>

<!--
We request you retain the full copyright notice below including the link to www.phpbb.com.
This not only gives respect to the large amount of time given freely by the developers
but also helps build interest, traffic and use of ReportScams3. If you (honestly) cannot retain
the full copyright we ask you at least leave in place the "Powered by ReportScams" line, with
"ReportScams" linked to www.phpbb.com. If you refuse to include even this then support on our
forums may be affected.

The ReportScams Group : 2006
//-->

<div class="copyright">Powered by <a href="http://www.phpbb.com/">ReportScams</a> &copy; 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 ReportScams Group
<!-- IF TRANSLATION_INFO --><br />{TRANSLATION_INFO}<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF DEBUG_OUTPUT --><br />{DEBUG_OUTPUT}<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF U_ACP --><br /><strong><a href="{U_ACP}">{L_ACP}</a></strong><!-- ENDIF -->
</div>
</div>

</div>

<div>
<a id="bottom" name="bottom" accesskey="z"></a>
<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->{RUN_CRON_TASK}<!-- ENDIF -->
</div>

</body>
</html>

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:58 pm

Code: Select all

<div class="copyright">Powered by <a href="http://www.phpbb.com/">ReportScams</a> &copy; 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 ReportScams Group
And like I posted earlier, you should not put google ads in the header or footer files.
Cheap UK Hosting

rumrunner439

Post by rumrunner439 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:18 pm

Ok i didnt touch that part of the site so reportscams is not part of the php copyright ? and i only had placed that code in this part of the site but it never worked . I can easily just type in phpBB where the ReportScams is no biggie i did notice it does go straight to phpbb.com though

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”