Source code - download the file below:Change Threads/Posts Owner/Date for 3.8
What does this modification do?
It can change the owner and date of multiple threads and post. For this, it adds another option to your mod actions on forumdisplay, showthread and search results. After selecting some threads or posts, you can choose the new owner by name or by UserID. "By name" works with the AJAX namesuggestion, we all know it from writing a PM. After changing the name, it rebuilds thread/forum counters and post counter of old and new user. Attachments will also be assigned to new user.
Installtime: <1 minutes
Difficulty: very easy (1 product)
- Can change owner and date of selected posts and threads (including database attachments - it will not move file attachments)
- Can change owner to unregistered user and back
- Can accept user id and username
- Username input is driven by AJAX
- Post count of involved users will be increased/decreased
- Thread and forum counters of involved threads and forums will be rebuild
- Supports inline moderation
- Makes use of $template_hooks, hooks and simple group permissions
- Every change will leave a notice in moderation log
Features for future releases
- Incrementally change time, f.e. first posts is 12:01:01, second one will get 12:01:02h, third one 12:01:03h....
- Moving file based attachments to the new user
How to install?- Simply import product
Edit: Link's gone, expired.
I am posting here because someone who used vB might develop/improve the current phpBB 3 hack, maybe finding a solution between the lines of this vB hack, which I can confirm, it's working just fine.
One more thing:
The issue described regarding the viewforum displaying the new changed dates is not happening in vB. One more reason to really dig into this code/hack and find a way to adapt for phpBB 3.I guess there is no further development going on for this otherwise very useful mod, concerning the fix of the replacing of the topic in the viewforum page according to the date change?