Automatic email from board to notify me of a new post

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
mb007inc
Name: Martyn Bird

Automatic email from board to notify me of a new post

Post by mb007inc »

Can anyone help with a mod for my board to automatically send me an email everytime someone posts on the board.
Diet Ebola Cola

Re: Automatic email from board to notify me of a new post

Post by Diet Ebola Cola »

Do you *really* want 274923482347389274 emails if spambots (or a horde of spamming users) manage to tag your board? :?

Hopefully, for such a Mod, there's a digest available that sends you a lists of new posts within a 24 hour period.. so you're only getting one post per day.. instead of spammed with email for each post..
Diet Ebola Cola
mspatts

Post by mspatts »

I am looking for such a mod.. i have a private small board of 5-10 people, so spammers are not a problem.

I want something to notify all members when a new topic/post/comment/reply is made.. that's top priority, but if possible i'd like each user to be able to disable this or select a digest mode for this as well.

since my board is so small, i don't even mind if the default is not to send everyone an email, but each user could turn on email notifications themselves. we can just turn it on manually for each user.

is there anything out there that does this? or anyone want to undertake this?
amoun

Post by amoun »

Try this

I did make a mod for Version 2, which I was thinking of updating but if the info on this link works ; sorted
http://www.ktuk.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 09#p164109
facts invariably distort the truth

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”