Helpful error message including webmaster note

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
ab9db

Helpful error message including webmaster note

Post by ab9db »

Hello,

One feature I would like to be able to do is notify our forum members about forum crashes, sometimes the forum goes down but I am unable to reasure members when we expect it to be up and running or details of the problem. All the error screens look the same, a fatal error may well be a similar message to standard fix.

Darren

AdamR
Former Team Member
Name: Adam Reyher

Re: Helpful error message including webmaster note

Post by AdamR »

The problem with this is that it would have to be an entirely different entity than the forum itself. A lot of forum errors may result from not being able to connect to the database, for example. If this is the case, the error message wouldn't be displayed unless it was placed in an entirely separate database which was not effected. Also, let's say, for example, there was an error in the header or initial opening scripts of the board.

I'll move this to the MOD requests forum for now. They're a lot more skilled with coming up with ways to do things than I am. ;)

- Adam
phpBB Support: Welcome | Userguide | Knowledge Base | Search
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”