Registered Anonymous posting?

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Anti-Spam Guide
xeks

Registered Anonymous posting?

Post by xeks » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:53 am

I'm not sure if this is already do-able but I figured I'd ask anyways.

I'm trying to set up a section in my forums so that registered users can posts and only admins and designated groups can see the topics but other registered users and unassigned groups cannot see the posts. Is that possible?

Maybe there is a mod that can do it? The idea is sorta an anonymous drop box but you have to be registered to use it? I'm not sure if I make any sense but opinions and ideas are apprecaited. Thanks.

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Registered Anonymous posting?

Post by david63 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:38 am

Have you tried using the permissions system?

I know that the options that you are looking for are in there but I have not personally tried that combination of settings so I cannot say whether it will work or not - but it is worth having a go.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

mtrs

Post by mtrs » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:56 am

I abandoned all of my mods.

xeks

Post by xeks » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:01 pm

That's similar to what I want but what I truly want is just so that people can post in a certain forum and only admins can see the posts. Not even they can see their own post nor can others. I'll tinker around with the permissions but maybe you can narrow it down for me whether I should be looking in group permissions, forum permissions or user permissions? Thanks again.

xeks

Post by xeks » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:21 pm

I can't seem to install that mod correctly, chicken.
I'll try mtrs' link.

Edit, mtrs's link isn't what I'm looking for. Chicken is but can't seem to get it to install correctly, get errors when I edit files then run the install file.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”