Posted Images Cut Off Due To Fixed Width

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
SquaredArches

Posted Images Cut Off Due To Fixed Width

Post by SquaredArches » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:37 am

The impressively long subject says it all really :oops:

My board is fixed width and when users post outside of the width parameter it cuts the image. I've encouraged users to use the attachment feature instead as this overcomes the issue, but it is a short term fix rather than a true solution.

Can someone please recommend a suitable mod that is easy to install and effective, and will automatically resize the post image whilst allowing viewing members to click to view it full size.

Thanks in advance.

SquaredArches

Re: Posted Images Cut Off Due To Fixed Width

Post by SquaredArches » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:16 pm

Bumping.

Can anyone help?

Diet Ebola Cola

Post by Diet Ebola Cola » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:54 am

In the ACP you can go to Board Configuration (left side) -> Post Settings .. and then enter a value for the Maximum Image Width (near the bottom).. this should constrain the size of the image if it is over that value..

You can also set the Maximum Image Height here, too..

On the other hand, if you want a Mod that does something fancier for images then I recommend using one of the Lightbox 2 Mods..
Diet Ebola Cola

SquaredArches

Post by SquaredArches » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:04 am

Thanks for that.

I've made the changes, but I'm not particularly happy that it only restricts the posting of image, no resize them.

Any other advice?

Diet Ebola Cola

Post by Diet Ebola Cola » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:40 am

Usually the lightbox mods work with lightbox (an ajax php image viewing script) so that it creates a thumbnail of the image and clicking on the image shows the full size version (or full screen if larger than screen size)..

There are at least 3 or 4 lightbox mods here.. so you'll need to check them out to make sure they have the features that fit your board best..
Diet Ebola Cola

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”