award ribbons for comps.

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Ideas Centre
angelfish

award ribbons for comps.

Post by angelfish » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi.
I have some award ribbons that I downloaded, on my pc. I would like to upload them to my forum to give to members for winning a comp or best post, etc. But I am not sure which file or folder that I should upload it to.
When I use them, I would like to be able to add these ribbons under the rank icons of members.

Thanks in advance.

Diet Ebola Cola

Re: award ribbons for comps.

Post by Diet Ebola Cola » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:22 am

You might wish to try the Medals Mod. I believe you can supply your own images for medals (or in this case, ribbons) that users are awarded or earned.
Diet Ebola Cola

angelfish

Post by angelfish » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:23 am

Thanks for your help with that.
As I am really new to administrating a forum, it seems quite hard.(to me) Nevertheless I want to be able to learn to do it. Trouble is, as I follow the instructions on how to install a mod, I can't find the correct files and folders to get started in the FTP client. I will keep trying though.
If I stuff it up, will I do any damage to the forum ????

Diet Ebola Cola

Post by Diet Ebola Cola » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:01 am

You're best off starting up a separate test forum to do your mod changes rather than a live environment. Once you get things working on the test forum, you can move your updated files to the live forum.
Diet Ebola Cola

angelfish

Post by angelfish » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:53 am

Thankyou.

I have a test forum, but the web hosters set it up for me and there is a problem with me logging in atm.
But when it's fixed I will do that.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”